Bug? BCToast bottom of font being trimmed off

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Anywhere Software,
As you can see from the screenshot below, the font is slightly too large when using BCToast in B4J. I've not tried it in B4A or B4i, but I'm going to presume that it's fine in those 2 packages. I tried to change the font size in a couple of ways, but to no joy.

I don't class this as a real bug. But if there's a way for me to change the font size or if Anywhere Software could resolve this issue, that would be great...

The bottom of the label is being but off.
Untitled-1.png

Thank you...

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to change the font size in a couple of ways, but to no joy.

Was changing the system font size (in device settings) one of the ways?

My eyesight is no longer 20/20 (getting old sucks!), so I bumped up the system font size from "Normal" to one higher and I find a LOT of apps will have cut-off text because of this change.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Was changing the system font size (in device settings) one of the ways?

My eyesight is no longer 20/20 (getting old sucks!), so I bumped up the system font size from "Normal" to one higher and I find a LOT of apps will have cut-off text because of this change.

Wow @JohnC, you are up rather late, I hope that you have not been on the brown stuff ;)
No my Windows system settings and fonts settings/sizes are ALL set to default. This is showing up the same way on my both my development laptops (Toshiba and a Lenovo). I never ever change my system font settings as that means my settings would be different from the majority of Windows users out there. I wear glasses so that's not really a concern to me.

But thank you anyway...

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's only 8:30pm here in New York, so I don't know exactly how to respond to "up rather late" 😄

I'm not THAT old that my bedtime is 7PM yet 😄 LOL

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That was very funny!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But if there's a way for me to change the font size
You can change everything using BBCode.

However it shouldn't look like this with the default settings.

I'm unable to reproduce it:
B4X:
Dim toast As BCToast
toast.Initialize(MainForm.RootPane)
toast.Show("Font is too large")
java_MXN6WHhxa1.png

Are you using BCTextEngine v1.75 (it is referenced from BCToast)?

Changing the font:

java_ELFxM8blAv.png

B4X:
toast.Show("[TextSize=50]Font is too[/TextSize] large")

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good Morning @Erel,
Thank you for the rapid reply as usual, all my Windows display settings are set to their default settings, the same settings as they were when I last formatted my laptop a few weeks ago. Actually on both my development laptops I've never changed the Display or the Personalise settings except for the background wallpaper, so I found it to be a bit strange.

Wow, I didn't realise that I could use good old fashion BBCode, I thank you for that information 👍

Anyway, no worries...

BCT libs...
1588665059670.png

Thank you...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using a high scale monitor?

Hello Erel,
No I'm just using my normal laptop screen with the matching external screen both 1920 x 1080. Just for testing purposes, I've just disconnected my external screen, rebooted my laptop and ran the project again, I get the same thing.

Anyway, as long as it does not happen on my clients employees screen in a few months time when this project should be complete, then I don't really mind, or as long as they don't complain about it.

But yes, It's happening on both my main Toshiba laptop and also my spare Lenovo laptop too...

Anyway, please don't worry about it. I'm sure that you have more pressing issues to deal with than a small bug walking along the bottom of my toast message boxes and trimming the bottom of my text off with a razor blade 🐛 <-- This little fellow right here :eek:

No I'm not saying there's a bug (there clearly isn't one), it's just my strange sense of humour lol

Thank you...