Wish Being able to disable Auto Backup on a per project basis

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Anywhere software,
Whilst I was creating the world population PreoptimizedCLV tutorial which I uploaded last night, I was forced to disable the Tools > IDE Options > Auto Backup option. As I had a lot of flags in the project, every time the Auto Backup was running, the IDE froze for a couple of seconds.

The problem is that when you then work on a new or old project, the Auto Backup option is still disabled and no longer backing up any newly entered lines of code. I only noticed that the IDE was no longer backing up my newly created project when I was looking at the files and noticed that there was no backup folder.

My suggestion would be for you to add a new attribute, something like this.

B4X:
#DisableProjectBackup
or
B4X:
#DisableAutoBackup

If you added one of the attributes above, then B4X developers can leave the Auto Backup always enabled in the IDE and only disable it on a per project basis. This way if a developer has to disable Auto Backup like I had to for the world population tutorial, then Auto backup will not be disabled in any other project. I personally feel that being able to disable Auto Backup on a per project basis is important, disabling the feature in the IDE just disables it for all projects.

Or am I missing something here.

Thank you...

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Or perhaps even:
B4X:
#AutoBackup: True

Not having it set defaults to being active. Set to false to disable for the project.