Android Question Best experts, help me ^_^

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an idea for a game that does not exist in the market.

I need to know the ways to achieve it in the most professional manner possible.

In particular, how to make it work online and how to sell useful items in the game.

I know I can find a lot of information on this site, but maybe some of you have a clear idea, and perhaps he has already implemented this.

(Engineers of WhatsApp if you want to answer, you would be welcome :D:D:D)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Zynga Poker: Web version and Mobile.

Does anybody know what is "behind" them? Which architecture?

The Web version uses Flash Player, I know, but what else? And Mobile version?

Has nobody implemented something similar and has no plans to do so?
It seems to me an interesting topic!

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Peter.

In fact it is what I will study, after solving the other problems.

I am rather surprised to not find here informations; it seems that no one has addressed these issues.

Yesterday I found: Developing Mobile Games on Google Cloud Platform.

I'll have to study it well (unfortunately in English) and see if it does not tie me to a rigid architecture.

Probably, in order to obtain sufficient informations, I will have to write to Google and/or to some sw house.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe should I start a new thread.

Due to the decrease in the cost of the connections, the trend is in the direction of online multiplayer mobile games.

It would be useful a tutorial or perhaps a forum dedicated to the architecture necessary for this purpose.

I'm reading (with some difficulty and with little concentration) the Google document:
Developing Mobile Games on Google Cloud Platform

It expected, unfortunately, a substantial part developed in Java.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe should I start a new thread.

Due to the decrease in the cost of the connections, the trend is in the direction of online multiplayer mobile games.

It would be useful a tutorial or perhaps a forum dedicated to the architecture necessary for this purpose.

I'm reading (with some difficulty and with little concentration) the Google document:
Developing Mobile Games on Google Cloud Platform

It expected, unfortunately, a substantial part developed in Java.
Your questions are not clear so it is difficult to answer. What do you want to do exactly? What do you mean by "to make it work online"? Did you look at the Google Play Game Services? Did you think to create your game with HTML5?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm reading (with difficulty) various Google documents, including that.

The ultimate goal is to understand and implement an architecture for online multiplayer games like Zynga Poker.

That poker exists in the Web version (flash player) and mobile. Obviously I am interested in the second one.

Probably the solution is right inside those Google documents, but for the moment I do not have a clear idea (also, but not more importantly, I have no idea of the costs).

Can I create a game like that using only Apache-PHP-MySQL (and B4A)?

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm reading (with difficulty) various Google documents, including that.

The ultimate goal is to understand and implement an architecture for online multiplayer games like Zynga Poker.

That poker exists in the Web version (flash player) and mobile. Obviously I am interested in the second one.

Probably the solution is right inside those Google documents, but for the moment I do not have a clear idea (also, but not more importantly, I have no idea of the costs).

Can I create a game like that using only Apache-PHP-MySQL (and B4A)?
There are a lot of multiplayer games that use a lot of different solutions. Unless we decompile them or there are strong hints, it is a bit difficult to know what they used or how they implemented a known solution. Some games use the leaderboards and achievements of Google Play for example, but prefer another solution for the realtime part.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are a lot of multiplayer games that use a lot of different solutions. Unless we decompile them or there are strong hints, it is a bit difficult to know what they used or how they implemented a known solution. Some games use the leaderboards and achievements of Google Play for example, but prefer another solution for the realtime part.

Of course I'm not talking about the client side (B4A) but just the multiplayer on Internet.

I know perfectly well that it is not a simple topic (otherwise I would not do requests :))

Upvote 0

Shahid Saeed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course I'm not talking about the client side (B4A) but just the multiplayer on Internet.

I still don't understand what you want to do. "Multiplayer on internet" does not say if you want to host game data on your own servers, if the game will be played turn by turn or in realtime, if it is a massive multiplayer online game or just a game between 3 or 4 players at the same time, etc.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I still don't understand what you want to do. "Multiplayer on internet" does not say if you want to host game data on your own servers, if the game will be played turn by turn or in realtime, if it is a massive multiplayer online game or just a game between 3 or 4 players at the same time, etc.

It is evident that my English is not enough or maybe my ideas unclear.

But cite an online poker should be sufficient as explanation.

How to play holdem poker? In turn.

Since I do not know well MySQL and PHP, but I can handle them enough, I imagined a solution to be tested on the local server (classic localhost) and then eventually move it to a hosting service.

But PHP is sufficient for this? Or I need Java or JavaScript?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
PHP and B4A using MySQL sounds like an interesting solution.

I personally have created a number of ASP.NET and B4A solutions for clients. My online database of choice is always MySQL :)

But events?

Manage db server on internet is not the problem.

Is someone able to outline the architecture of a game such as poker (mobile-multiplayer-online)?

A diagram is worth a thousand (english) words :)

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is evident that my English is not enough or maybe my ideas unclear.

But cite an online poker should be sufficient as explanation.

How to play holdem poker? In turn.

Since I do not know well MySQL and PHP, but I can handle them enough, I imagined a solution to be tested on the local server (classic localhost) and then eventually move it to a hosting service.

But PHP is sufficient for this? Or I need Java or JavaScript?
As I don't know what Zynga Poker and WhatsApp can have in common (your two references), as I don't have enough time to install and play to Zynga Poker (which is, moreover, a game that doesn't appeal to me), and as I don't know how much your game is close or not to Zynga Poker (so playing it would not help me), I cannot deduce anything (ok, I'm probably stupid). And many card games are not using turn-by-turn mechanisms, but realtime ones (to exchange messages between players, to update data in realtime and not at the end of a turn, because of the rules allowing any player to counter a card before his turn, etc).
For a multiplayer game, having its own servers is not mandatory. You can use the Google ones and all the Google architecture to support your game. No need for PHP, MySQL, etc. It depends strongly on what you want to achieve but is it clear in your mind ?

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not an expert but agree with Informatix.

The way I would face it is, regardless of the technology used, to have a well defined schema of what is involved in your game: which is the amount and nature of data to be kept on the server, how is the game flow, and which are the basic interactions needed for it to work, even the ones related to game start, game end, abandon...everything. What's more, I would even start with a simple tic-tac-toe, which may seem obvious, but it can help to do the exercise. Once you have everything, decide if you need DB or can do it with simple files, if you want to use PHP and MySQL or do some other kind of protocol, existing services, etc.

Upvote 0