Bug? BLE2 Library 20 byte notification limit

richardw2

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not completely sure if this is a bug or a limitation with the current BLE version implementation.
When using an app like CySmart to read the raw BLE characteristic data I can turn on notification and get data updates larger than 20 bytes from my BLE device so I know my phone supports notification data larger than 20 bytes.
When connecting to my BLE device using B4A and the BLE2 library and I go through the process of discovering all of the services and characteristics and read their current data I can read more than 20 bytes from the characteristic but when the DataAvailable function is called during a notification event and it tries to read the data it only reads the first 20 bytes, the rest of the bytes get truncated.

richardw2

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not a bug or limitation in the library. Most devices are limited to 20 bytes. Anyway the library doesn't enforce any limit.

If the library doesn't enforce a limit then any idea why it is trucated to 20 bytes but does not get truncated with other software on the same phone that does not use the library?
Or do you have any suggestions for a work around?