Android Question Bluetooth Internet Project

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So eleven years ago, back in 2004, Bluetooth was fresh news for me. While chilling in the pub with a few friends, we wondered and idealized a free alternative peer-to-peer network based on Bluetooth mobile devices retransmitting information. After a few beers we laughed it out and never spoke about it again.

It's 2015 now and every smart device is Bluetooth equipped.
Would this idea be feasible? Would we be able to create a small p2p bt network in B4A? Who's interested?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can join in on that... But, Bluetooth devices are (very) limited in range, so this would only have practical application in a some kind of closed circuit. Also, they are dedicated conections, so the p2p(n) is impossible, or near it.
I could imagine it being used to up/download info from a dedicated server which would have to be able to accept confections from listed devices in a transparent way...
Is this what you have in mind?

Upvote 0

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, let's say you have 3 devices A, B and C. You want to transmit "Hello World!" from device A to C but C is out of range.
So the algorithm decides to send the following message to device B. Please say encrypted("Hello World!") on my behalf to device C.
Device B would search for device C and if found, deliver the message.

I think I've just invented TCP/IP, ahahah!

Upvote 0