B4i Library Bluetooth LE using v1.20

Hi,

We have a Project which utilises all the functions of this library and are near completing the base functionality and have found a couple of possible issues! - we have tried to code around but ideally we are hoping the two minor updates can be implemented instead..

1. Scan(Null) Successfully detects devices but the option for Duplicate Keys can this be added the reason for this is we are sending information in the advertisement data not in a separate GATT Service.
CBCentralManagerScanOptionAllowDuplicatesKey:[NSNumber numberWithBool:YES]
..Workaround at the moment is by Timer Stopping and starting the scan..

2. Disconnect we are getting a Log Error: Disconnected: <B4IExceptionWrapper: (null)>
It still seems to disconnect but this means there is a 6 second delay before the device resumes Sending Advertisements
..No Workaround Live reading obviously just freezes for this time before updates continue

Thank you!

Regards
Mark

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) I can easily add this option. However it will only be useful for the advertisement data. It will be problematic to connect and work with a specific device when there are multiple devices with the same id. If you think that it will be helpful then I'll add it.

2) Are you calling disconnect? What exactly are you doing? You can call Connect without calling disconnect.

mrwighty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

1) I think for scenarios where the advertisement packet contains the monitoring information on multiple devices it would be great to just start the scan and be able to display the information from that one call rather than stop start stop start etc as I have to do currently so please if you can add that option.

2) The error occurs after the initial connect command it doesn't even make it to the connected event. We are going to update the IOS from 7.0.4 to the latest maybe this is causing the error?

mrwighty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Ignore 2 above was another issue that is resolved by updating IOS from 7.0.4 to 8.2
So to recap 2 is that after a successful Write to the device the disconnect causes the error listed and the device hangs for 6 seconds before restarting advertisements - this doesn't happen in native xcode?

Thank you
Mark

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User