Bluetooth serial comms

RobGer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear forrum members,

My goal is to set up a simple serial link between a Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000T Froyo Firmware V2.2) and a Sena Parani-ESD210 Bluetooth serial module.
I am able to pair my Galaxy Tab with module but have been not been able to send or receive data using SerialExample download.
I have however been able to send and receive data using a computer running terminal emulator in place of my Galaxy tab.

When running Serial Example, program initially pauses with the following error message:
An error has occurred in sub:
main_activity_resume (B4a line:29)
Serial1.Listen 'listen for incoming connections
java.IOException:Bad file number
Continue?

When I select continue code execution I am able to choose device to connect to from menu.
Shortly after doing this I receive the following message :
Error connecting.
java.IOException:Service discovery failed

I am not sure what this means and would appreciate assistance solving this problem.:sign0104:

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
java.IOException:Service discovery failed

I experience exactly the same problem with a custom Serial Bluetooth adapter. Coupling the devices is no problem. I also use the Galaxy Tab P1000. (Beautifuld device b.t.w)

As far I understand Bluetooth deviced publish the types of service they provide so that you can select. If this does not happen because the device anyway just supports serial communication, is it possible to start a communication anyway, to start sending data to the device?

Rolf

Upvote 0

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will try that out!

Upvote 0

RobGer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should remove the Serial1.Listen. Serial.Listen should be used when you want to allow other devices to connect to your device.
I'm not sure if it will solve the second issue. But you should first check it.
Yes that solves my problem.

Thanks for assistance!

Upvote 0