Share My Creation Bonsai Simulator

I'm not going to post the apk for download yet, but here is a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

The goal of the game is the same as growing a real tree, except you don't have to have as much patience and there is a point system, bonuses and achievements. You trim and wire your tree to make a shape you like. Manage watering and fertilizer scheduling to keep your tree alive and growing in different seasons. Only a coniferous tree is available with this version, but skins and different cell behaviors are easy to add with a few lines of code in a new function. Screen scaling is working very well on everything but the smallest phones(probably because the pixel per inch is too high). Meh!

Progress is being posted on my blog.

Attachments

• bonsai.png
    bonsai.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 9,407

diversity

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh my god, thats look amazing *_* :sign0188:
Really nice work, i'll follow your block for a long time
and will be happy when your release it

Nice work :sign0142::sign0098:

latch

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you sir!

Whew! The trimming algorithm was difficult!

...well not the trimming part but rearranging the database after removing tree cells from it to make room for more to grow. My phone starts to lag when the database has more than 5000 cells so I made that the limit on which the total allowed biomass is calculated.

Watch for a demo video in the next few days.

latch

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah that's because of this:

B4X:
If Rnd(0,2)=1 Then 
   angle(cells)=angle(n)-30-Rnd(0,5)
   If angle(cells)<-70 Then angle(cells)=-70+Rnd(30,45)
Else
   angle(cells)=angle(n)+30+Rnd(0,5)
   If angle(cells)>70 Then angle(cells)=70-Rnd(30,45)
End If

Without it, I get freakishly off balance aberrations. It's worth the trade off since the tree is not meant to grow unchecked. I can adjust the effect so it's more subtle, but I won't do it until I further into game-play implementation.