Wish Breakpoint + step-by-step code execution + program variable view + cpu register view

Status
Not open for further replies.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I believe that currently Anywhere Software environments can directly compete with all systems for producing Android or iOS code, offering speed of use, functional coverage, operational stability, and a large international community.

The same thing cannot be said with B4R, it lacks some essential things to be able to effectively produce and test code for microcontrollers and various boards:
- breakpoint
- step-by-step code execution
- program variables display window
- CPU register view window

I believe that if B4R had at least these features, it could deal directly with professional environments for programming microcontrollers

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Note that Arduino IDE also doesn't support debugging

This is why even the Arduino Ide cannot be used effectively
Developing programs longer than 10 lines of code is impossible even with the Arduino IDE

It is a very challenging task to create a debugger for a 2k microcontroller.

Yes of course, and therefore it is a very stimulating job

Currently one of the few systems to develop code on Arduino compatible systems is the Visual Studio + Visual Micro couple
I believe that if B4R at least had the possibility to insert breakpoints, advance lines of code step-by-step, display program variables and cpu registers, it could convince many users of the fact that the above pair is no longer necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.