Android Question Bridge Trying to connect

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all. Just installed the new B4A 12.80 update. Tried to run a few projects on my Samsung S23 Android 14 - so far so good. Then I decided to help @Shelby with his problem https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-bridge-crossing.157903/ and uninstalled the bridge and installed it back. I confirmed that I want to install, allowed the bridge app to be on top. Bridge started normally, shows the local IP. Then I started the B4A, slected this IP in the list Tools->Bridge->Connect and now all I can see it the message B4A bridge trying to connect, then for a few seconds - B4A bridge connected then again B4A bridge trying to connect.

What I did wrong?

I have another phone LG Stylo 5+ Android 10 - both in the same wi-fi - connected without any problems.

Then I ran one of my project on my LG - no problem.

Then I returned to my Samsung, tried to connect the bridge - now it's asked me to install Designer and afte I installed it I got a message the the Designer was built on the old version of Android and I need to check to the update.

Thank you.

Shelby

Licensed User
Thanks for your post. I was wondering if I actually needed the B4A designer in my list of apps on my S23; I guess we do. As I recall, I uninstalled and reinstalled it yesterday. Maybe it's that simple for your need.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your post. I was wondering if I actually needed the B4A designer in my list of apps on my S23; I guess we do. As I recall, I uninstalled and reinstalled it yesterday. Maybe it's that simple for your need.
you need it for activity / pages design

Upvote 0