Android Question Bringing old project back to life

uorhun54

I have an old B4A project from 2017 I am getting back to and want to compile & run it with the latest B4A/Android. So I've started clean with all the latest of everything Java, Android, B4A and read the instructions. After finally getting the project to compile and run on my phone, I get the message "This app was built for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer." message. What else do I have to upgrade to not to get this message? I have warnings like "DoEvents is deprecated..." etc. which I plan to address but will that do it?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
You do not specifically mention updating your manifest. Does it begin with this line ...

B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14" android:targetSdkVersion="30"/>

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"This app was built for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer."
This is a standard message from Android meaning that the target SDK of the app is not that of the API level of the Android device. It is meaningless and only appears once. If the app works OK then ignore it.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel's tutorials on Resumable Subs

My explanation about what's happening

Upvote 0