202.1 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
27 downloads and no replies?

thats a shame :)

Good Job, Looks pretty good, i haven't tested on the ppc, but i did
lookat the code, maybe the slowness has to do with that the program needs to read the appdir each time the "redraw" sub runs, have you thought of loading the images in memory in Appstart and reuse them each time?

willisgt

Licensed User
Neat little game - but what I'm most impressed with is that you did it in less than 300 lines of code.

Not bad. Not too bad at all...

Gary

:sign0188:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
27 downloads and no reply's if quite common. I had a piece of software that had over 2000 downloads and only 3 people bothered to register.

It was not for this arena.

Maybe the software was not as good as I thought it was.

Anyway I downloaded BubbleBreaker and I thinks its an excellent start. Cant wait until:
hall of fame is added
sound is added
maybe even mega shift as in the bubbles version

Keep up the good work

Regards
Tony

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice program !!!

Below a changed version without the load error.
Added
FrmAbout.Image=IL1.Item(6)
in the App_Start routine
Removed the about.jpg in the Disigner fro FrmAbout

I took also the liberty to change the code in the
Redraw and DrawFrame routines to limit the number of arithmetic operations.
I put the previous code as comments.

I am pleased to see that the ImageEmbed program is used.

Best regards

Attachments

• BubbleBreaker.sbp
    9.1 KB · Views: 293

Sta

Thanks for ImbEmb, very handy tool! :sign0188:
If anyone can help with sounds it would be great because i don't know how to create them and i don't want to just steal them from some other application...

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Stanislav,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your program.
Having seen your age in the about form, gives for me, much much more value to your program.

I had a look at your updated version, and played a bit with it.

A few improvement suggestions :
- The first page in the previous version with the menu on top and the game directly available to the player looked much nicer to me than the new one with the big buttons. The first look of a program must be attractive to the user to encourage him to continue.
- Why not use Toolbox Buttons with images in the menu to show the different possibilities, this is universal without translations needed into different languages.
- You should save the setup (options) in a file that the user gets the choosen configuration at the next start of the program. For example in the scores file.
- For the language options, you could prepare the program to look for a certain number of possible languages, by checking if the file exists, and if yes add the language to the combobox. In that way, the new language is directly available just by adding a new language file to the directory, without any source modification.
- When a game is over, the program shows a panel and the player is invited to enter his name. It would be interstiong to add the player's score.

I had one problem, at one game there remained just one last bubble, I don't remember if clicked on this last one, and the program hung up, I think, in an infinite loop. I was not yet able to reproduce this behaviour. Could you check this point, propbly in your Do Loops?

Another question, sometimes there are new bubbles added either in left or right columns. Is this a normal behaviour or something strange ?

About sound, you have the Sound("music.wav") keyword to play sound files.You will already find a certain number of sound files on your desktop and in the PocketPC, search for *.wav files.
You can also have a look at this application that uses sound :
http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2141

The points above are of course only suggestions and reflect just my point of view.

You find the french and german text files joined.

Best regards

Attachments

• deutsch.txt
    273 bytes · Views: 258
  • francais.txt
    564 bytes · Views: 205

Sta

Thanks for useful tips, i know how to work with sounds, i just didn't want to take them from another application, but I've done it. I fixed some bugs especially in drawing border arround bubles and Of course improved terrible graphics. Thank you very much for an additional languages, i will include them as soon as possible. About new bubbles which appears in left or right columns - i don't exactly know if i understood right, but there are four modes, for exaple in inject mode (my invention =) ) new column is added directly in freed space. If you think something else it may be bug which i didn't find. I'll take care about error you specified and saving options, thanks for your spent time, Stanislav.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This may be a bit stupid of me, but....
WERE IS THE ATACHMENT (ZIP FILE)????