[Bug] Cannot rename a view in the Designer

Penko

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this video out on Youtube(it's unlisted so you will be able to watch it only if you have the URL).

B4a - YouTube

I made a case mistake suddenly and when I tried to correct it, I got this weird behavior. I tested a little further and the problem persists.

I think the video clearly shows the problem.

The workaround is to add a suffix(in my case the number "3"), fix the case problem and then remove the suffix.

Basic4Android 2.02

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this video out on Youtube(it's unlisted so you will be able to watch it only if you have the URL).

B4a - YouTube

I made a case mistake suddenly and when I tried to correct it, I got this weird behavior. I tested a little further and the problem persists.

I think the video clearly shows the problem.

The workaround is to add a suffix(in my case the number "3"), fix the case problem and then remove the suffix.

Basic4Android 2.02

Another similar problem with variable naming:
Sometimes, and I don't know why, my variable names with only one letter (typically for i =...) are converted to uppercase and it's very hard to get them back to lowercase, as if the variable already existed. I use the same trick as in the video to change the name.

Penko

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, I haven't experienced your issue but when I work, if I notice any false variable nane, I just correct it in the Dim statement and the IDE does it automatically elsewhere. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for properties of an object which seem to not care about the case. I meant, they are not automatically corrected regarding case.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk