Android Question Bug on designer/Views visibility ?

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to All
I am working on a Samsung Tab Active Pro tablet, but I guess this doesn't depend on the device. I attach the project. I have a complex layout named "Camara", including some overlapping views. The layout contains a panel "CamaraPanel" which is the lowest parent. Then I have various views which have it as parent, at a first level. One view named "SchemaEntrate" is initially hidden and, while not important, contains some other views having it as parent. When I load the Camara layout, the View "SchemaEntrate" is not visible (nor enabled). Loading the layout with the designer, a first problem appears: despite the "SchemaEntrate" panel should cover all the undelying views, some of them are not covered. These views are: NumEntr, LabelH2, Label5, ModoIns, NotasCamara, OrdinaEntrate. When running the App, initially the panel "SchemaEntrate" is not visible. Pressing "OrdinaEntrate" it appears, and:
1) Whithout putting SchemaEntrate.BringToFront it covers all the views but the abovementioned, like in the designer.
2) Bringing it to front, covers all but the last above mentioned, namely OrdinaEntrate button, which remains visible. I remark that OrdinaEntrate (with text "TEST") has CamaraPanel (i.e. the lowest panel) as parent, as long as SchemaEntrate (the panel which should cover it).
Much probably I miss something, but I don't see what.
Thanks for attention.

Attachments

• TestLayout.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 48

teddybear

Licensed User
Hi to All
I am working on a Samsung Tab Active Pro tablet, but I guess this doesn't depend on the device. I attach the project. I have a complex layout named "Camara", including some overlapping views. The layout contains a panel "CamaraPanel" which is the lowest parent. Then I have various views which have it as parent, at a first level. One view named "SchemaEntrate" is initially hidden and, while not important, contains some other views having it as parent. When I load the Camara layout, the View "SchemaEntrate" is not visible (nor enabled). Loading the layout with the designer, a first problem appears: despite the "SchemaEntrate" panel should cover all the undelying views, some of them are not covered. These views are: NumEntr, LabelH2, Label5, ModoIns, NotasCamara, OrdinaEntrate. When running the App, initially the panel "SchemaEntrate" is not visible. Pressing "OrdinaEntrate" it appears, and:
1) Whithout putting SchemaEntrate.BringToFront it covers all the views but the abovementioned, like in the designer.
2) Bringing it to front, covers all but the last above mentioned, namely OrdinaEntrate button, which remains visible. I remark that OrdinaEntrate (with text "TEST") has CamaraPanel (i.e. the lowest panel) as parent, as long as SchemaEntrate (the panel which should cover it).
Much probably I miss something, but I don't see what.
Thanks for attention.
It is not a bug on Designer.
A:This is because the abovementioned(Eventhough their parent is CamaraPanel) cover over SchemaEntrate in your desinger, you have to do SchemaEntrate.BringToFront to make SchemaEntrate cover them. as long as drag the abovementioned to the front of SchemaEntrate in ViewTree of windows, you will not need to do SchemaEntrate.BringToFront .
A:That's because you do that is in event click of OrdinaEntrate button, you have to make the OrdinaEntrate button invisble(visble=false).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Thanks for reply. Of course making OrdinaEntrate invisible resolves. This is not the matter. I am wondering why only this View appears over the SchemaEntrate (when running) while the others views, in perfectly (apparently) same situation don't do it...
Moreover, returning to designer point (1), same question: why just some views appear over SchemaEntrate?
Thanks again

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Hi. Thanks for reply. Of course making OrdinaEntrate invisible resolves. This is not the matter. I am wondering why only this View appears over the SchemaEntrate (when running) while the others views, in perfectly (apparently) same situation don't do it...
This is my answer2, BringToFront you did is in the button click event, it will not be covered. if you do BringToFront in keypress valume+or - event, I think it will be covered
Moreover, returning to designer point (1), same question: why just some views appear over SchemaEntrate?
This is my answer1, you can see their orders of views in ViewTree of windows on Designer,

Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. OrdinaEntrate button has no KeyPress event, if I don't miss something (actually I am not Java programmer). Anyway let's fix it: I click OrdinaEntrate, and BringToFront SchemaEntrate, which should cover all the underlying views, including the OrdinaEntrate button itself. From your answer, I understand that the click event on OrdinaEntrate button has the effect to maintain the ButtonVisible , despite SchemaEntrate should be in front of it and hide it. Ok. If things are so, I learnt a new thing. (Paradoxally I am using this effect to use same OrdinaEntrate button .. to hide SchemaEntrate, in my actual App; the attached is just an extract).
Moreover, I repeat the designer issue: it is not a matter of resolving the fact that some views are not hidden, using SchemaEntrate.BringToFront, which resolves, I know. It is the matter of understanding why some views are hidden and others not while using the designer. I was signaling this as a possible bug. Thanks again for your attention.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Moreover, I repeat the designer issue: it is not a matter of resolving the fact that some views are not hidden, using SchemaEntrate.BringToFront, which resolves, I know. It is the matter of understanding why some views are hidden and others not while using the designer. I was signaling this as a possible bug. Thanks again for your attention.
It is not like that you imaged, that is a layout issue which you designed , as I answered 1 on post #2
You will not need to do SchemaEntrate.BringToFront as long as drag the abovementioned to the front of SchemaEntrate in ViewTree of windows,
I will post an illustration to explain it

Attachments

• illustration.png
    illustration.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 1

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I have moved in the designer the SchemaEntrate at the end, ad actually now the designer coherently shows the Views. Now SchemaEntrate is the last view inside the CamaraPanel. It still remains the strange issue that OrdinaEntrate button remains visible. I understood that I can hide/disable it, but still I don't understand why the others views, at same parent level, correctly are hidden, while OrdinaEntrate not. Thanks for your patience..

Upvote 0