Android Question Bug Report Help Required

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Hope someone can help me out, I have a issue with my app when connecting to a SSL socket on Android L / Android 5.0.

I submitted a bug report to Google and now they are wanting to know how I am setting up the SSL Socket connection and I think they want come sample code on how I am doing it.

Since I am writing my App with B4A, I am not sure if they are going to accept B4A code as the sample code on how I am creating the SSL socket connection.

https://code.google.com/p/android/i...um&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

Is there Java code I can send them that B4A creates that Google would accept? I don't want Google to come back at me saying I need to use Eclipse or something since they can't read the B4A code, and not fix the bug.

The same code I am using works fine on all Android versions except Android L / Android 5.0.

Is anyone able to help me out on the required code so Google can fix the bug I reported since I really need this SSL socket working on Android 5.0.

This is something I posted on the forum a while back:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/app-crash-on-android-l.42880/#content

But now I guess Google wants the source code so they can test it out, but since the app is in B4A I need something that does the exact same thing but done in Java so they can fix it.

Hope someone can help me out as I really want to get this bug fixed ASAP.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I will give that a go and hope for the best. Fingers crossed they accept it and work out where the issue is in the OS.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have provided Google with that source code but they said they couldn't compile it and they said they have done some tests and they can't find any issues.
However, I know 100% there is a bug but need to somehow prove it to them.

Here is what Google come back with:

do you have a minimal test case ? I couldn't get your java files to compile and it looks like the code is trying to connect to 192.18.0.100:3051. Inspecting the code tells me SSL_do_handshake returned 0 *and* ((s->shutdown & SSL_RECEIVED_SHUTDOWN) && (s->s3->warn_alert == SSL_AD_CLOSE_NOTIFY))
were true. This means SSL_do_handshake is doing the right thing (except for the confusing "you should never see this" error.
Do you see any errors in your server log ?

In the server log it doesn't show anything in regards to this.
I think the problem is that Android Lollipop is now defaulting the connection to a different SSL version and the device I am connecting to uses SSL TSL1.0 and Android Lollipop has a issue going backwards to older versions of SSL.

The only thing I can think of is send them the complied apk file and tell them to run it on Android 4.4 and then try it on Android 5 and see the bug happen. However they would want to see the code I am using in the app.

Anyone have any other ideas on what I can do to show Google this bug?

Upvote 0