bugs wishes

wheretheidivides

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, after spending a month on this here are my thoughts from a beginner (that's the B in BASIC). This is really what you want to hear and not same expert who understands everything.

1) Designer on cell phone will not work. Just shows a black screen. I have a Epic 4G. I load the program on the phone but will not work.

2) bridge on cell phone 1/2 works. Sometimes takes a minute to install program and other times won't connect. So it works, but have to wait sometimes a while

3)if i run the AVD and try to connect to cell phone, it won't I have to exist AVD and B4A and restart. Some bug that I figured a work around. So whenever I run bridge, I shut down application and restart.

4)in the IDE, would be nice to see what subroutine the curser is on. I have 7000 lines of code but sometimes loose what sub I am in. Maybe have it on status line at top or bottom of screen.

5)IDE-would be nice if it saved the window layout. every time I have to resize them. Imean the window panes inside the main window (the right window pane)

6)IDE-the right window pane (where the subroutines are listed) does not show the last few subroutines. it cuts off. I can scroll down but it just stops. I have to know there are extra subroutines that I can access from the left window pane.

7) When I am running AVD and hit F5 to complile, a dialog pops up saying it is taking to long and if I want to abort. I have to say no. You need to allow an extra 45-60 secs before this pops up. really annoying.

8) Media player sounds. only play on my epic 4G phone when it's in silent mode. Then the sounds will be hear. if the phone is not in silent mode, then all I hear are the standanf andriod click every time I press a button

9) IDE-would like to be able to highlight lines of code. then change the backgorund a differnt color. that way I can highlight if-then routines and see if they are right

10) You need a splash screen designer. Make a splash screen and it write the code automatically.

11) You need a save game designer. Add variables to the list, and it saves/load those variables. This would add the code to pause/resume and so forth. It would auto create the code for you.

11) You need instruction book written for beginners. The forems and tutorial are for expers, not beginners. They really don't help. Get with SAM's as they make books about operating systems. You'll get a cut and schools will then use the program. More money for you.

I thnk you have a really good product. With android taking over and smart phones becomming a standard, this opens the door for beginners. I can see a lot of schools using this and a lot of books being sold. You just have to work on getting someone to write a book for beginners. Also, fix some of the bugs. Concentrate on what beginners would want and not programmers. If they could do JAVA/MXL they wouldn't be using BASIC.

Brad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Concentrate on what beginners would want and not programmers. If they could do JAVA/MXL they wouldn't be using BASIC.

I've been a programmer since the 80s and know java/xml. I use this product because I can produce professional products in a fraction of the time java would take, and since I program in the enterprise arena time is money. Except for widgets, this product offers everything I need right now and I believe that is coming soon. Everyone here is a programmer. The difference is skill level. :)