Android Question calculate speed?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If i drop my phone can i calculate the speed of the fall until my phone hits the ground? With the motion sensor type_acclerometer

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My suggestion in post#5 doesn't work, I tested it.
It seems that the acceleration signals are filtered, therefore not showing shocks.
Attached a small test program. Hitting the phone on the table doesn't give exploitable signals.
I'm afraid that with the internal transducers you won't get any reliable solution.
Speed calculations won't give you any reliable values either.

A shock acceleration signal looks like this:
shock-signal.jpg

I expected getting heigh acceleration values with shocks but there are none, which means that the signals are probably filrered.

Attachments

• TestShock.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a guy from my work had epilepsy and he fell down at home, no one knew that, he lived alone. until his sister tried to call him and he didnot answer she went to his home and found him dead, he hit his head and died. this app have could save his life... (that happend about 6 month ago)

@Beja told me i should look for problems people have and try to help them, thats why i would like to make this app in my language. old or people with epilepsy could use it (dont want to sell it or put ads, just maybe save life) if i will make it possible i will share the source code so everyody could improve it and translate to his language...

http://www.healthline.com/health/epilepsy/facts-statistics-infographic#4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i almost did it i will share the source code klaus. you are a much better developer then me maybe you could fix it... (code will be available in about 2-3 hours need to go now, sorry)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
check this out, (drop your phone or your legs or on a soft surface)

i am using the shake event project from erel. i changed a little the code to detect a fall and not a shake.

on shaking the event should not be raised on drop it should, i set the progressbar to 5, check it out, improve, share, Good Luck :)

Attachments

• FallDetector.zip
    68.1 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0