Share My Creation Calender week number in notification Bar

Hello,

my first app in B4a, and it was so simple, i just love it :)

It shows the current week number directly in the notification Bar, it does nothing else. :cool:

The hardest part was the Icon and Google Play release, coding it took around a weekend, mostly wondering that it only needed some libs to make it :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cw.notification.bar

phone.pngchoose.png Screenshot_2014-07-11-20-59-35.png 20140713_122847.jpg

It uses the B4A native Notification Object.

To get the Week Number and doing the translations im using the AHlocale Lib, wonderfull thing!

The only thing i dont realy like is that i had to pre-made the 53 icon´s, as its not possible to create them during runtime. But thats the only thing i currently would change (if i would know how to)

So, give it a try :D

Last edited:

designer2k2

Licensed User
Longtime User
The App is now in Version 1.5, it is translated into the top 5 Android languages and the Icon´s are much "smoother". :cool:

But im most satisfied that i already have more than 50 downloads, and not one Crash/ANR report :D

Last edited:

raphaelcno

Licensed User
Longtime User
The week number changes on Sundays. For instance it shows week number 32 on Saturday 9 august and week number 33 on Sunday 10 august. In many countries it is usual to change week number on Mondays instead.
I suggest to make an option so the user can choose if the week number should change on Sundays or Mondays.

designer2k2

Licensed User
Longtime User
The week number changes depending on your device/location settings :)

I wanted to have it a simple as possible for the user:

B4X:
DateTime.DateFormat = "w"
Log(DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now))

it has been posted here: Week number

this is how the app looks today on my phone:
Screenshot_2014-08-10-09-19-11.png
Im living in Europe where the week changes on Monday, so today i have week 32.

But i did not write this into the app, i will update the description

raphaelcno

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting, I tried to change the language setting from English to French, and then the week number changed from 33 to 32.
However I don't find any setting where I can choose my country (Norway), I can only choose language or date format (not week number).

designer2k2

Licensed User
Longtime User
The week number should be set accordingly to your settings, there is no specific setting for the work week.

so you live in Norway, with language set to English, and have the wrong Week number shown?

Can you set the language to English (united kingdom)? if it is set to United States, it may fail with the work week.
On my devices i have for testing here i can switch the behavior by choosing either US or UK with the english language setting.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
The week number changes on Sundays. For instance it shows week number 32 on Saturday 9 august and week number 33 on Sunday 10 august. In many countries it is usual to change week number on Mondays instead.
I suggest to make an option so the user can choose if the week number should change on Sundays or Mondays.

That's not the only variant. Some countries number weeks according to which year they start on, some according to which year most of the days end up on. Some have two weeknumbers for weeks spanning the year change (52 or 53 for the first year, 1 for the second), some have only one number for each week. Variant starting days are mondays, sundays and saturdays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week_numbers#Week_numbering

Dates are never simple (and don't get me started on leap seconds...)...

designer2k2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Troberg, first i tried to code the calculation by myself.
But there are to many possible errors, and thanks to the great libs avaiable here, i skipped the selfmade stuff.
The AHDateTime Lib allows to select other locations, so in the background the user selects not monday/sunday, hes choosing between US and DE localization for the calculations :cool:

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not that hard to do it yourself. I've done it, many years ago, before the internet, and, while it required some looking at calendars, it wasn't that hard. Not very fun programming, though, so I think it's smart to use libs...

designer2k2

Licensed User
Longtime User
9 years and still going, about 55 released updates so far :cool:
Thanks to the updates here its easy to keep the app alive throughout all the Android Versions! And with notifications in the app every new Android brings something to do...

latest change has now a custom B4XDialog to select color:
1698667506825.png

Last edited:

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
W
9 years and still going, about 55 releases so far :cool:
Thanks to the updates here its easy to keep the app alive throughout all the Android Versions! And with notifications in the app every new Android brings something to do...

latest change has now a custom B4XDialog to select color:
View attachment 147374
Wow 55 apps. Congratulations