Android Question Camera with Intent without B4XPage

adriano.freitas

Hi!

I'm trying to use an example I saw here on the forum about taking pictures with the device's default camera through INTENT. The difficulty I'm having is how to make this example work without using a B4X Page. My app has only one activity and I would like to keep it that way...

Could someone help me?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The difficulty I'm having is how to make this example work without using a B4X Page. My app has only one activity and I would like to keep it that way...
You already have it 'app has only one activity' as required in B4XPages

See B4XPages is nothing special. It is a single activity with many panels. That's it.
Only Erel added some function/methods to make life easier for us.
Basically it is multi panel single activity sample of Klaus. 😁

Upvote 0

adriano.freitas

Hello everyone!

For years I worked with other technologies and in recent days I found B4A and I've been trying ever since to find a way to develop what I need. I confess that this concept of Activity/B4X pages is strange to me and still somewhat obscure. I think then I took the wrong path! I've already started trying to review this!

I appreciate everyone's information!

Upvote 0

adriano.freitas

I quickly managed to convert the application and start using B4X Page. But even things that worked (intent, oauth, etc) are still working, but on the return the application is all restarted, not following where it was. Can anyone guide me on this?

Upvote 0

adriano.freitas

In the original code done in Activity, there was a line that I couldn't get past, which to use Activity.GetStartingIntent

To redirect the flow back. It was in Activity_Resume

I'm lost rsrsr

Upvote 0