iOS Question Can I upload the same iOS app from a different Apple ID

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm in a real bind... I cannot log into my Apple Developer Account because the device that Apple sends Two-Factor authentication is broken, and the sim number linked to the device has been recycled and I cannot remember what the sim card number is, so I cannot use Account Recovery to access the account. You can only pay your developer license through you account, so users cannot download my app at the moment. So pretty much a total stuff up.

Does anyone know what would happen if I created a new Apple Developer Account and uploaded my (Existing App Store) app through the new account? Do you reckon Apple would reject it as it would have to come up through the original account that uploaded it?

I would post this question on the Apple Forums but you can only do so if you have logged into your account

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah I'm also assuming that is going to be case. Just can't believe that a company as big as Apple doesn't have a better option for you to recover your account, or even pay your membership via a different method than through your account

Upvote 0