B4J Question Can't get .jar version of server to run (runs OK in B4J)

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a desktop server app that runs perfectly in B4J. However, when I try to run the .jar file (created after compiling in Release mode), I get a Java exception and it crashes.

Running it in B4J, the log does show a warning about a missing resource exception, which I assume (?) is the reason that it crashes as a jar:
B4X:
WARN:oejh.MimeTypes:main: java.util:MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name org/eclipse/jetty/http/encoding, locale en_US

Can anyone tell me what to do at this point? Thanks.

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
This warning is not related.

Can you post the java exception?

Immediately upon double-clicking the .jar file I get this. How would I find more info on the exception itself?

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Run your app from the command line. Use:
java -jar <your jar file>

Also check the output of java -version.

I will try that but I have to fix my Path variables first ... However, I have a companion B4J app which runs perfectly when I double-click, so the Java installation should be OK.

Let me ask you this - The server app references a MySQL connector, like so:

B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #CommandLineArgs:
    #MergeLibraries: False
    #AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin
#End Region

Where does mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar have to be located in relation to the B4J jar file? Or is it wrapped up into the B4J jar file so that I don't have to worry about that?

Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will try that but I have to fix my Path variables first ... However, I have a companion B4J app which runs perfectly when I double-click, so the Java installation should be OK.

Let me ask you this - The server app references a MySQL connector, like so:

B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #CommandLineArgs:
    #MergeLibraries: False
    #AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin
#End Region

Where does mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar have to be located in relation to the B4J jar file? Or is it wrapped up into the B4J jar file so that I don't have to worry about that?

Erel, sorry to have wasted your time on this thread :rolleyes:. As the B4J server app is compiling, it clearly states that the #AdditionalJar will not be included in the .jar file and that it must be distributed in the lib folder. I have a feeling this will solve my problem. My bad.

Upvote 0