B4A Library cgCalendar_Monthly_View, cgColorPicker and cgUpDown

Hi Guys,

After a long absence in the sharing sub-part of this wonderful community, I decided to finally finish an old project, and release it to you.
It's a Custom View with Designer Support.
A Calendar view that can be as simple as you want it to be, or as extravagant and colourful as your wildest dreams.
Its just about 98% customizable!!

I intend to create 2 additional views : a Weekly View as well as a Daily View

I hope you like this, and please do post comments, bugs or suggestions

[OBS] I'd like to Thank @RandomCoder for is collaboration in this project.

Change-Log

v1.0
Initial compilation, fully functional
Locale implemented
Most Properties are write only

v1.1
Fixed a MAJOR bug with the sizing of the Calendar
Most Properties are now Read/Write
*NOTE : the Width/Height Write values may slightly differ from the Read values due to inner calculations

v1.2
Added the ability to use a bitmap as the calendar background
Properly notated the several methods for ease of usage

First Public Release

v1.21
Added a new Overlay method that enables the setting of a Bitmap as the Today Marker
(MarkerStyle = 3)
Fixed the event Not Firing BUG

The provided DEMO exhibits and exposes almost all the visual properties of the calendar, however, 2 things were deliberately "Fixed" :
- The FONT property cannot be changed in the DEMO ( I am not happy with this, but to provide the changing functionality I would have to create another custom panel or custom view)
- The Marker Style is set to be 3, Overlay, and will show the value when selecting an image

When satisfied with the looks of your Calendar, click a day, any day in the calendar.
A toast message will appear and the theme will be logged with all the current values.
You then jus need to copy this log to your own calendar project and change whatever still needs to change.
If you prefer MarkerStyles 0 to 2, you MUST first set the related properties like color, border color, border width, etc, before setting the MarkerStyle

I am also providing 2 other Libs along with the calendar.
cgColorPicker, this is a small evolution of my previous version of it, and the original thread will be updated;
cgUpDown, this is a new CustomView providing numerical increment and decrement MATERIAL STYLED.
A new Thread will be created for this one.

Please post any questions/comments/suggestions/BUGs related to the Calendar or the DEMO here.
Anything related with the other two libs should be posted in their correspondant threads.

Attachments

• CalendarDemo.zip
    222.5 KB · Views: 572
  • Triplets.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No it doesn't, but I have plans to allow adding markers to any other day. It will be implemented width the release of the cgCalendar Weekly or daily View...
Soon to come

Kiese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Cableguy!
Nice one ! :)
Tried it and it looks promising! Is there any event triggered when the month is changed on the customview ?
Any update on the weekly/daly view ?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For time being there is no month changed event, maybe when I release the weekly view, thou I dont' see much use for it...
I may add a Month property in order to get/set the current month in view...
I have no ETA for the weekly view or Daily view as I have not yet started working on them. I'm finishing off some old "almost done" projects before that.
I resume working on it before the end of the month.

Any thoughts about how/what the weekly view should present itself?

Kiese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok!
Well, the month changed event would be useful to say, display the events of that month in a listview/ULV/CLV as soon as it triggers.
Being able to get/set the current month would definitely prove useful too.

I think the weekly/daily views may look like something like this. Though I find the one on the first image more practical. What do you think ?
supercalday.png uznenlh4yay7ywnljyxa.jpg

Kintara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very lovely to have this.
Wish List: Being able to set each day individually to any colour would be really useful.

aldifong

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi...

I've download you lib and the demo. But when i open the demo proj, it shows error:

upload_2016-5-23_20-52-10.png

Thanks in advance.

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok!
Well, the month changed event would be useful to say, display the events of that month in a listview/ULV/CLV as soon as it triggers.
Being able to get/set the current month would definitely prove useful too.

I think the weekly/daily views may look like something like this. Though I find the one on the first image more practical. What do you think ?
View attachment 41204 View attachment 41206
yes, this should be great. Waiting for it.