Changes to SDK 26+ wasn't a thing

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some users often comment that they had to change al lot of code in their apps or reported other "problems" (mostly due to misinstallation or other ignorant behaviour). For me it wasn't a thing at all. What do you think?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wasn't a thing at all

yeah sure but only because Master EREL!!
try to make those changes using the native way :p

i am learning for the last 2-3 weeks java and i see how ultasimple erel made b4x for us. in native everythings looks so difficult and to much work to do simple stuff.
i am missing so many things from b4x :(.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am learning for the last 2-3 weeks java and i see how ultasimple erel made b4x for us. in native everythings looks so difficult and to much work to do simple stuff.
[Android Studio] I'm still trying to create an empty project (or based on a template)... without getting many many errors :p
(basic settings/paths are wrong, I know).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[Android Studio] I'm still trying to create an empty project (or based on a template)... without getting many many errors :p
(basic settings/paths are wrong, I know).

i managed to create some simple apps but the problem is that those simple apps would take me 2 minutes in b4x but here several hours, few liters of coffee and lot of pain.

D

Deleted member 103

I've tried a few times to do something with Android Studio, unfortunately always without success.
I keep telling myself, "It can not be that Erel makes a better Android development system than Google," Google should be better with all its programmers.
But it's not like that!
B4x is much better! :)

From time to time, for example, when something does not work as you like, you are frustrated and blame B4x because you do not understand where the mistakes are.
The difference to other systems is that you get help here and the other not.
Has anyone ever asked google for help and got help?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone ever asked google for help and got help?

yes i did. i asked for help to pay the dev account fee and got help very fast. unfortunately i am still waiting for the help about an issue on android Froyo (since 2010) :p.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you think?
It wasn´t a problem at all for me.
But i do read a lot in the forum and recognize early if some users have issues.

The same applies to the changes for older versions... 23,24,...

Away from that it is annoying that we need to change a lot when a new targetsdk came out. Google is changing a lot sometimes. Not all of these changes are easy "to follow".