Bug? Changing case of file assets doesn't sync new case

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by jmon, Nov 21, 2018.

1. jmon

jmon Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello,

I found a little bug, let's take this example:

• I have a file name called "My_Image.png", already synced in the "File Manager" tab in the IDE.
    • With explorer, I rename "My_Image.png" to "my_image.png" (just change the case).
    • Press "Sync" in "file manager" tab of the IDE
    • > The name is still "My_Image.png"
    This is annoying when I right click "copy" to copy the file name, the name doesn't have the correct case.

Thanks !

2. jmon

hum... not sure: is it the IDE changing the case of the files in the "file" directory? Then the IDE keeps the old case in this case

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This should happen automatically when you sync the folder. All files should be lowercased automatically.

4. jmon

I think the IDE keeps the old case in the tab. I have B4A 8.50

5. Erel

This is the expected behavior. The actual file is lower cased and the IDE keeps the original file name. This is not a bug.

6. jmon

I see.

It's a bit annoying, when i right click on an image name, and paste it in a loadBitmap or in a function. The loadBitmap cannot find the image if the case is not the same as the file in the asset dir. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong with my code :)

Thanks for your help!

7. Erel

We are talking about B4A, right?
    This shouldn't happen if you add the files to the Files tab or if you clicked on the sync button (unless the file is locked by another program). The fill will be lower cased and it will always be found at runtime.

8. jmon

I see, that may be because my project is on dropbox! Maybe dropbox is locking the file while it synced the new name or something like that.

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice