Bug? Changing case of file assets doesn't sync new case

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I found a little bug, let's take this example:

• I have a file name called "My_Image.png", already synced in the "File Manager" tab in the IDE.
  • With explorer, I rename "My_Image.png" to "my_image.png" (just change the case).
  • Press "Sync" in "file manager" tab of the IDE
  • > The name is still "My_Image.png"
This is annoying when I right click "copy" to copy the file name, the name doesn't have the correct case.

Thanks !

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see.

It's a bit annoying, when i right click on an image name, and paste it in a loadBitmap or in a function. The loadBitmap cannot find the image if the case is not the same as the file in the asset dir. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong with my code :)

Thanks for your help!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a bit annoying, when i right click on an image name, and paste it in a loadBitmap or in a function. The loadBitmap cannot find the image if the case is not the same as the file in the asset dir
We are talking about B4A, right?
This shouldn't happen if you add the files to the Files tab or if you clicked on the sync button (unless the file is locked by another program). The fill will be lower cased and it will always be found at runtime.

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
unless the file is locked by another program
I see, that may be because my project is on dropbox! Maybe dropbox is locking the file while it synced the new name or something like that.

Thanks!