Android Question Changing Configuration in All Relevant Files

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to change the Package Name from dial2000computing.world to rose.world for a project. When I do so in menu item Project->Build Configuration, I can change it there. This is confirmed by exiting it afterwards and doing Build Configuration again. However, various folder names (e.g. in Objects/bin/classes) do NOT have their name changed from dial2000computing to rose. Also, the AndroidManifest.xml file (in Objects) does not have the 'package=" line changed.
Is this a bug?

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
@agraham Thanks for that idea. It changed everything OK except that it didn't remove the dial2000computing folder in Objects/gen: both it & the rose folder there contain a folder named world which contains R.java. Does that non-removal of the dial2000computing folder matter?

Upvote 0

Lucas Siqueira

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to change the Package Name from dial2000computing.world to rose.world for a project. When I do so in menu item Project->Build Configuration, I can change it there. This is confirmed by exiting it afterwards and doing Build Configuration again. However, various folder names (e.g. in Objects/bin/classes) do NOT have their name changed from dial2000computing to rose. Also, the AndroidManifest.xml file (in Objects) does not have the 'package=" line changed.
Is this a bug?

1) save and close your project (if it is open).
2) open your project again.
3) change the package name.
4) clean the project.
1643646056711.png

Upvote 0