ChatMessageView

panagiotisden2

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I found out how to change the editext's font color and hint color (if anyone interested I can post here how to do it) but can anyone tell me how to clear the messages from the chatview? I can't reinitialize the whole layout

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi @DonManfred , How can I change the date of the previous messages?, This to differentiate the dates between one message and another

I think it's using CreatedAt, but I do not know what kind of variable to use (java.util.calendar)

Last edited:

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I found out how to change the editext's font color and hint color (if anyone interested I can post here how to do it) but can anyone tell me how to clear the messages from the chatview? I can't reinitialize the whole layout
Please, Do.

thanks

Victor

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when i'm compiling the code this is what comes up :
USE Quote-Tags when posting logs!!! Your post is not readable.
I dont like to read such post. Try edit your post and try again.

Use androd.jar from version 25. Setup in configure paths.

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have a question to the Messages 'DataCell' property. I understand that by setting to false should not display the date under the message? Because I set it to false but still the date is displayed. Bug?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Job Don, however the Autoscroll = False doesn't seem to work, i'm trying to get rid of the scrolling animation, in my case i save all the conversation to a DB, and when a user opens the message view the view automatically scrolls all the way to the bottom and it gets annoying when there are lots of messages, any way to get rid of this, is there a way to scroll all the way to the bottom without visually seeing the view scrolling which makes me dizzy sometimes LOL.

Thanks,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont kniow. I lost the source of this lib with my hdd crash last year. I can´t help here
I was afraid of that, no worries, i was thinking of re-writing it myself anyway, i will try to add the missing functions while i'm at it.

Regards,
Walter

M.LAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
how to receive a message ? or how to send and receive as a real chat?
is there an event to receive the message?

B4X:
chat.receive(msg)