Cheap and reliable SMS gateway?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For an app I am developing with B4A/B4J, I need to autenticate my users based on their phone number in order to register.

I am considering to use an SMS gateway for this purpose so that the server can send an SMS to the user through its API

Has anybody experience with a cheap and reliable SMS gateway? It should work mostly in Europe but preferable worldwide.

I have seen (not tested yet) clickatell and CM Direct.

Any suggestions/experiences?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try Nexmo (link) for SMS verification but for large user-base the SMS verification will cost you much.
I recommend you to try Cognalys, it's new mobile phone verification system base on missed calls API. I tried a free account before and it seems reliable. Link here

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, well in my case I have used https://www.winsms.co.za, they have bulk options available. Below is some old code I have used, you then check the GetString.

B4X:
Sub SendWinSMS(country As String,mobile As String,message As String, form As Object)
    ProgressDialogShow("Loading, please wait...")
    DoEvents
    Dim WinSMS As String
    Dim winSmsUser As String: winSmsUser="[email protected]"
    Dim winSmsPwd As String: winSmsPwd="XXXXXXX"
    ' remove zero from mobile phone and put country code infront
    ' we will assume 27 for south africa
    mobile = FixMobile(mobile)
    mobile = mobile.SubString(1)
    mobile = country & mobile
    ' define the sms sender for winsms
    message = EscapeURL(message)
    WinSMS = "user=" & winSmsUser & "&password=" & winSmsPwd & "&message=" & message & "&Numbers=" & mobile & ";"
       Dim url As String = "http://www.winsms.co.za/api/batchmessage.asp"
    Dim Job1 As HttpJob   
    Job1.Initialize("SendWinSMS", form)
    Job1.Tag = mobile
    Job1.PostString(url, WinSMS)
End Sub

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maserati's factory is only 2Km from my home. I see the cars coming out for road testing. I look at my Fiat and one little tear drops from my eyes! At least Ferrari head quarter is 15Km from my house, so I don't see them ecery day!

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the answers :)
It is for a small customers base. So I think that I will start with a local provider (just in case I have to shout at them, I prefer to do it in my own language :D) and if the base grows, will look at more global options

M.LAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have written a SMS gateway on a old, small Android phone. We have unlimited call and SMS plans in Italy, so it's cheap to collect SMS to send when the line is free. For less than € 30/month you can send loads of SMS and receive too!

Mauro

Hi Mauro..
Do you know any Cheap Bulk SMS service in Italy?
Buon Natale a tutti ...
Grazie.