B4A Library [Class] SearchView - More powerful alternative to AutoCompleteEditText

Status
Not open for further replies.

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can this SearchView be filled with data from a SQLite database ?

a piece of code should be highly thankful

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thanks Erel, that worked. But I post the question in the wrong threat, I wanted to asked it here:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...e-list-with-searchview-b4xserializator.61872/

can I ask again in that threat ?

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a second EditText below the first one, when I start to type in the first ET and the list shows up, I can't select the item in front the second ET, instead, the second ET got the focus without select any item from the first list.

How can I fix this ?

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you calling SearchView.AddToParent after the second EditText is added?

This is my code:

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    lblCustomer.Initialize("")
    lblCustomer.Text = "Customer"
    lblProd.Initialize("")
    lblProd.Text = "Product"

Panel1.AddView (lblCustomer, 5%x, 5%y, 200dip, 300dip)

'first searchview
    sv.Initialize(Me, "sv")
    sv.et.Hint="search customers"
    sv.AddToParent(Panel1, lblCustomer.Width, 5%y, 300dip, 300dip)

'second searchview
    Panel1.AddView (lblProd, 5%x, 15%y, 200dip, 300dip)
    sv2.Initialize(Me, "sv2")
    sv2.et.Hint="search products"
    sv2.AddToParent(Panel1, lblCustomer.Width, 15%y, 300dip, 300dip)
end sub

that's all

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
this is how the screen looks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-18-20-30-53.png
    56 KB · Views: 315

jayel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I am strungling with the searchview, as is, it works, but I have to return the index of th choosen item from the original list, so I can look in another list of maps to return the id.
How can I do that?

greets

John

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could add this code, to be able to use this view also on a smartphone in landscape mode (little space for the Listview, but it is better than nothing. I just created a similar Custom View, without ListView; I have yet to test it well and it has a small inconvenience of use for which I'll ask you a suggestion, though I think there's not an ideal solution).

Last edited:

Peter Lewis

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI All, I am finding that once I have used the selection and passed the values to another Activity ( After the other activity the workflow goes back to the main activity) , The selected value appears the next time I go back into that Activity. Is there anyway of clearing that , and when should I clear it.

I put message boxes all over to see where the flow goes and it comes back to Activity Resume, If I use the back key and use SearchView again , it goes back to Activity Create and then it is cleared.

Any ideas would be useful. Thank you

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a CLV and a SearchView inside a panel, when I'm typing in the edittext the result of the searchview is behind the CLV, I can't see it. How to bring the result of the searchview in front the CLV ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…