Share My Creation Cloney Bird - libGDX version

Screenshot_2014-03-13-08-26-58.png
I've written the first test version of my Flappy Bird clone using libGDX, this should run much smoother on all devices now.
Please test this and let me know how it runs.
The bird death doesn't work and the score doesn't either. But pipe collisions should work.

I'm not sure why the image isn't showing as the thread preview image, maybe it's because I attached the image by editing the post after first submitting it without the attachment? Can this be fixed???

I've now updated this to support later version of B4A and android and to support higher than 60hz screen refresh rates on devices.

Attachments

• Cloney Bird LibGDX.zip
    105.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Eran Jesusa

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you to all response to my question. can any one help me because I am new in game programming, I do a program base in this source code as my way to learn more in game program using also this library, can any one make an example code or just a little idea too or some link o tutorial in collision like for example here an additional situation in this game if I want to add some worm in the pipe in some area of a gap of the pipe and when the bird hit or eat the worm bird's life will add of one, and the worm limit to 2 and in random places then every time the life of the bird will become one the random worm can show again. thank you in advance.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you to all response to my question. can any one help me because I am new in game programming, I do a program base in this source code as my way to learn more in game program using also this library, can any one make an example code or just a little idea too or some link o tutorial in collision like for example here an additional situation in this game if I want to add some worm in the pipe in some area of a gap of the pipe and when the bird hit or eat the worm bird's life will add of one, and the worm limit to 2 and in random places then every time the life of the bird will become one the random worm can show again. thank you in advance.
The collision code in the source that andymc provided should be all you need to figure out how to detect when the bird "eats" the worm. As for placing the worm in the gap of the pipe, you already know where the top & bottom of the gap is for each pipe, so you just need to position the worm in the gap & then detect collisions with it in the same loop you use to detect if the bird has collided with the pipe.

- Colin.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User

Asmoro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

It would be nice if someone knows how to code when reaching the score of 100 another image will appear instead the pipe image.

Regards,
Asmoro

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
You could count the pipes and then just draw a different image when it reached over a hundred. You could download my space invaders source code to see a more advanced use of libgdx and use the methods Im use there to make this game better. I am no longer working on this game as I meant for it to only be a demonstration.

Reactions: eps

Asmoro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Andy,

I figured that out in the meantime, but I definitely examine your Invaders source code for more variations of actions.

Btw. thumbs up for the way you're teaching us about Libgdx.
I still have a lot to learn.

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 23453
I've written the first test version of my Flappy Bird clone using libGDX, this should run much smoother on all devices now.
Please test this and let me know how it runs.

Thak you so much for this very well explained tutorial on "how to use LibGDX".
I have read it last night, it's like a good serie... couldn't wait to finish the season 8 :)

I have now downloaded the code (thanks for sharing) and tried to compile it

I have a bug at the init here :

B4X:
    'Initializes libGDX
    'lGdx.Initialize(True, "LG")
    surface = lGdx.InitializeView(True, "LG")
    Activity.AddView(surface, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y)

I am using the 0.98 version of libGDX.
Am I using the good version ?

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thak you so much for this very well explained tutorial on "how to use LibGDX".
I have read it last night, it's like a good serie... couldn't wait to finish the season 8 :)

I have now downloaded the code (thanks for sharing) and tried to compile it

I have a bug at the init here :

B4X:
    'Initializes libGDX
    'lGdx.Initialize(True, "LG")
    surface = lGdx.InitializeView(True, "LG")
    Activity.AddView(surface, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y)

I am using the 0.98 version of libGDX.
Am I using the good version ?
The code is for an older version. Remove True in InitializeView.