Android Question [CLOSED] INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES .... again but with target SDK set to 29

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have read the below thread and I am aware of and understand the reason for this error message.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...se_failed_no_certificates.124095/#post-775078

I passed on the sample app/apk generated by the [B4XPages]"ThreePagesExample", with target SDK set to 29, to my son's Google Drive account.
He downloaded the apk on his Samsung S20 with Android 11 (SDK 30) and while trying to install it, he got the error " [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Scanning Failed.: No signature found in package of version 2 or newer for package.....". Of course, permission to install from unknown sources had been given.

Connecting his device with USB cable and installing it directly from B4A works fine though.

Tried the same procedure on an Android Emulator running Android 11 and it works fine (as already mentioned in the linked thread).

What gives? Is Samsung using their own packagemanager which might be more strict? Has anyone else seen this?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I will check when I have a free moment and revert back with results.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, surely a false alarm.

Works fine with B4A-Bridge.

Tried again to install the downloaded apk from the Download-folder using this time Samsung's own file-explorer and it installed fine.
The problem is with ES File Explorer which was used the first time.

Sorry for bothering you with a false alarm.

Upvote 0