Android Question CloudKVS sharing data between users

pedrocam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys!

I am putting together an app to act as a simple chat with multiple chat rooms, and location sharing. I am using MQTT for the chatrooms, and I am trying to get CloudKVS to act as the server for the other information such as location, and other permanent information on each user.

My issue is I cannot get each cloudkvs client to read the data from other users other than themselves. If multiple clients connect to the same 'user' that works fine. But then I would have to use a large map for all of the information on all of the clients, and that poses some problems for privacy in the future. I could do that, but I think it defeats the purpose of having multiple 'users' in the database.

Even if I use @Erel 's cloudkvs examples on an ipod and an android, I can share data if both clients use the same user but not if they use diferent users, even if I know all clients user names.

Is CloudKVS not going to work for me? If not, what is a simple B4J database solution that connects easily with b4a and b4i that you can suggest for me? Ideally there is an example from which I can learn. I was using CloudKVS because it is a simple server side database to setup. Previously I used firebase and that worked well with the JSON trees and all, but the database implementation in b4x wasnt working well at the time and for my new project I wanted to try and implement something simpler. Should I change to a diferent database server type, other than cloudkvs? Or am I just not seeing something? Can one user look into another users information on CloudKVS?

Thanks!!

pedrocam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, got it. Thanks!! I will look into jRDC2.

But just to make sure I understand CloudKVS correctly. One 'user' cannot look into another 'user's data? correct?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As long as you do not let the user choose the user field, no (not taking into account modifying your apk directly (if possible))

Upvote 0