Wish Color code for dialog type color picker

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I'm a great fan of FormsBuilder + PreferenceDialog since they let me put on a proof-of-work in literally no time.
Now, using the Color type available in the FormsBuilder, a user could select any color (that's ok) but has no way to set his/her preference to a specific one.
I'd like to see, if not an input box where to enter something like #FF231134, at least a label updated while he/she moves the pointer around so to be able to take note of his/her final selection.

A "trick" could be that of initializing the form with the last chosen color, but final user could need to select a third color identical to the first one (while the second one was different), so this workaround could be unapplicable.

udg

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel,
picker's transparency bar looks inverted (fading squares on the right, corresponding to higher transparency values).
The control works great; it's just a potentially confusing layout.
Eventually amend it for the next release of B4A (no need for a PreferenceDialog 1.74 right now..)

udg

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Fading squares to the right correspond with less transparent values.
Yes, that was the reason for my confusion. I considered the bottom control as an "how transparent" the chosen color would be.
So, sliding fully to right it looked to me I was applying full trasparency..
Anyway, I am sure you designed it to correspond with similar controls users are already used to, so that's ok for me too.