Wish Color code for dialog type color picker

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I'm a great fan of FormsBuilder + PreferenceDialog since they let me put on a proof-of-work in literally no time.
Now, using the Color type available in the FormsBuilder, a user could select any color (that's ok) but has no way to set his/her preference to a specific one.
I'd like to see, if not an input box where to enter something like #FF231134, at least a label updated while he/she moves the pointer around so to be able to take note of his/her final selection.

A "trick" could be that of initializing the form with the last chosen color, but final user could need to select a third color identical to the first one (while the second one was different), so this workaround could be unapplicable.

udg

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel,
picker's transparency bar looks inverted (fading squares on the right, corresponding to higher transparency values).
The control works great; it's just a potentially confusing layout.
Eventually amend it for the next release of B4A (no need for a PreferenceDialog 1.74 right now..)

udg

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Fading squares to the right correspond with less transparent values.
Yes, that was the reason for my confusion. I considered the bottom control as an "how transparent" the chosen color would be.
So, sliding fully to right it looked to me I was applying full trasparency..
Anyway, I am sure you designed it to correspond with similar controls users are already used to, so that's ok for me too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…