Coming Soon: B4X-Focused Web Hosting

Are you interested in the B4Cloud service?

• Total voters

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm planning on starting a paid web hosting service exclusively aimed at B4X developers. It will be a paid service and to extend its value I'll also be releasing libraries exclusive to this paid service. I'm trying to get a good idea of how many people would actually sign up so that's why this thread exists. The bandwidth will be unmetered. (Note that Unmetered does not mean Unlimited.)

Pricing:
B4Cloud service (Web Apps and Database Hosting.): $12/month. (That includes the ability to create WordPress and HTML websites as well.)

The price seems fine. What country is the server located in? (Each country has their own privacy laws)
You may want to throw up some B4X sample programs on your webserver to demonstrate what it is capable of.

TIA

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the idea is interesting But before hiring a service like this I would first think about security issues.

For some time I've made a wish for anywhere to create a cloud service as well. Integrating applications b4a, b4i and b4j.

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
Security by obscurity is one of the best methods to secure something. Anything PHP is as bad as anything Windows when it comes to being a target. Front ends like HaProxy do real well with being able to control the traffic before it hits the server object. This is real important as Erel has chosen (rightly or wrongly) not to expose many of the settings needed to control the server, when exposed to the wild.

That said, java servlet hosting is where I have been parked. 3 servers behind an haproxy. At least it is an environment I can control for my apps. Almost every app I write is network served somehow.