Compilation problem in windows, not in B4PPC

Stellaferox

Licensed User
Hi All,

I attached my sbp-file which runs without problems when compiled at runtime but won't work under windows vista when pre-compiled. It did a while ago but I suspect that adding a second form to the program and its initialization causes the problem. Can someone help me?
I know that the phrase "tbAbove.Focus" at the end of sub btnFunction_Click caused a compiling problem before.
thnx amillion in advance!
Marc

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Marc,

On my XP system the program optimized compiled works fine.

Did you compile it legacy or optimized, is there perhaps an administraor problem ?
Did you really test the Windows compiled exe and not that one for the devive?

Best regards.

Stellaferox

Licensed User
Hi Klaus,

I used the optimized option. When I try to uncheck this and compile again I get runtime problems saying I lack all sorts of .NET framework parts. This cannot be the case as they are all installed (as the Windows Installer notices) and the (Windows Vista) OS is updated.
What is happening?
Marc

Stellaferox

Licensed User
I get the error message (translated)

"If you want to execute this application you first have to install one of the following versions of .NET framework
v3.5.7283
v2.0.7045
v2.0.6129
v2.0.5238
v1.0.4292
v1.0.3316
v1.0.3111
v1.0.2268

I installed the latest version and still get these messages
thnx
Marc

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Those are Compact Framework version numbers! Are you sure you didn't compile it for the device?

On my Vista system if I compile your app for the device but run it on the desktop it hangs with no error. But if I remove the Sip(True) line from your Sub Init then compile again for the device it will run fine on the desktop. This is expected behaviour as invoking the Sip statement makes the compiler reference a Compact Framework assembly with no equivalent on the desktop.

Stellaferox

Licensed User
Agraham and Erel,

How stupid can one be? :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
I indeed had compiled the device.exe for windows though I thought I had checked this. Both the optimised and normal version work flawlessly on the desktop as it does on the device.
My most humble apologies for this.... :sign0137:
Marc