iOS Question Compile error - B4iProject-info.plist not found

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Folks,

I have been compiling and testing during my learning b4i. I have compiled my test app as well as the Charts and SideMenu(downloaded).

I then decided, based on what I had learned, to start a new project. I tried to compile it and it failed. I then went back and tried compiling the Charts app and it also failed. The error line reads:

error: could not read data from '/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aaa/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Have I done anything strange(read stupid) to cause this?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hilton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try to delete the aeadrya folder and then compile again.
Thanks for the prompt reply, however, I do not know where to find that aaa folder. I searched my computer but no such folder was found.

Upvote 0

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is located on your mac: /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aaa
I am not using a Mac. I am using the hosted service you provide on a Windows 7 pc. That directory does not exist. It has existed in the past as I have checked in Administrator properties-Previous versions and can see it. It seems that the directory is not being written to anymore.
I am not quite sure what to do now. I must confess to being a little confused by the process, however, I am sure it will end well.

Sorry, one extra question:
What is the format of the package name in Project/Build configurations?
My apple name is 'myapps' id is '*' so I have named the package myapps.b4i.myassistant
'myassistant' being the appname. Is that correct?

Thanks Hilton

Upvote 0

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does this error happen every time? Can you upload your project (or send it to me by mail)?

If the id is * then you can set the package name to be whatever you like.

To answer your question: Yes it happened every time when I compiled my app. When I compiled Sidemenu example, it complained about non matching data in the provisioning file - but I could not find anything wrong with the apple stuff - I went thru the process again just in case but to no avail.

I installed b4i v1.21 and rebuilt the bridge and compiled the SideMenu example and it seems to be working again! I then compiled my app and it also compiled ok.

A bit strange, but thanks for your time and prompt replies and I shall continue with my learning.

Hilton.

Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also getting this same error. The first test project I tried seemed to work fine. I tried loading the PageViewController app and Klaus's SQLite3 app. Both gave me the error below. I tried creating a quick project from scratch again since the first one worked but it will not work as well. I tried deleting the project directory as instructed above but that didn't work. I just purchased B4i a few days ago and the build server is working well so I should have the latest version of everything. Please help

B4i version: 2.51
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.03s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.71s)
Building Xcode project (0.02s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = i386
CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED = NO
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
PRODUCT_NAME = Test App 1
SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.3

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphonesimulator -o /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist
error: could not read data from '/Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be related to the product name. Try to create a new project without spaces and see whether it works.

Well I loaded the two test projects from you and Klaus and never changed the product name so I don't see how that could help but I will try it tonight. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Removed spaces of product name. Please see error below:

B4i version: 2.51
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.08s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.72s)
Building Xcode project (0.02s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = i386
CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED = NO
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
PRODUCT_NAME = TestExample
SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.3

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/i386/TestExample.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-all-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-project-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-generated-files.hmap

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphonesimulator -o /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist
error: could not read data from '/Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok..I got all projects to run. This is what I found...

There is a cert file in the Libs directory that is dynamically created when the build server is run named AppleWWDRCA.cer. This file is also included in the builderserver zip file that I was sent. As a test, I copied all the files over to the dynamically created Libs folder except the cert file. Everything began working. I don't understand this but maybe someone can explain this to assist other developers during installation. I hope everything keeps working.

Great example projects BTW...thanks Erel, Klaus and everyone for these great samples you provide. They really help. Thanks also for the great support as usual.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Upvote 0