Compiled program won't run

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by djmrozinski, Feb 27, 2008.

1. djmrozinski

djmrozinski Member Licensed User

I have gone through the sets and written some code, compiled and created a setup. I included all the libraries that I think I need.

Installed to the PPC and when I execute the EXE, I get the error message

"Can not find "myfilename" (or one of its components) Make sure the path adn filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks
    Dave

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Instead of building a setup file you can just copy the required files to the device and run the executable. This is easier for testing.
    What is "myfilename"?
    Which libraries do you use?

3. djmrozinski

The file name is test.exe It is a simple GPS application that I am doing to get familiar with basic4ppc

I have included serial2.dll and gps.dll and they both copied to the application folder during the install.

It seems like I need some other libraries. I do have a save dialog, does that require a different library?

Thanks
    Dave

4. Erel

The save dialog doesn't require any library.
    Did you try to copy the compiled executable with these two libraries (and maybe other files - images, data...) and run it on the device?

5. djmrozinski

Attached are the files that I included in the CAB file. I also include the file test.shp for your review. I didn't include that file in the CAB.

Ran ok on the desktop.

Thanks for the help. This is my first attempt at PPC programming.

Dave

6. djmrozinski

Yes with the same error message. I loads on the PPC ok, just get the error on execution.

Thanks
    Dave

7. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

I copied your test.exe, earth.png, home.png serial2.dll and gps.dll from your zip to my Axim X30 and it ran without error. Are you sure that your device has .NET 2.0 installed?

8. djmrozinski

I will check that out. I thought I had updated but it makes sense. I am really enjoying working with Basic4PPC.

I got up to speed and running in short order.

Thanks
    Dave

9. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Hi djmrozinski
    I tried also your test.zip code.
    Unzipped it, copied it to my Qtek9090 and it works without any problems.
    What is 'myfilename' you are referening to in your first post, there is no such word in your code?

Klaus
    Switzerland

10. djmrozinski

Just used that as a referring to my app name test.exe

11. djmrozinski

How can I determine if I have Net 2.0 framework installed on the PPC. The reason I ask is that I thought I had done the upgrade, but I would like to check before I try again.

Thanks
    Dave

12. Erel

Select Add / Remove Programs. It should appear on the list.
    You can also run Basic4ppc device IDE. Choose File - Help - About and check the .Net version.

13. djmrozinski

Don't see it on the list. Bet that is the problem. Great support here. I think I will enjoy moving into the PPC program world.

Thanks
    Dave