Android Question Complete object reference

btg1967

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

First post as a Newb for B4A and am very impressed with what can be done... so impressed after wrestling with eclipse and java for my 'killer app' (aren't we all ;)) that I'm prototyping in B4A to finalise the concept.

Is there a full object model/listing for the core objects? something like a simple mindmap would be awesome... but I'm not that hopeful.

Thanks in advance.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

btg1967

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the links crew - very much appreciated - this looks like such an amazing product - feeling both empowered, and humbled by the renewbing of myself in this space...

I'll keep on reading - I've been amazed at just how far I've been able to get in just a few hours... looks like the new year will be spent doing a good deal of learning...
- 5 screen app, with 7 support activity modules
- venturing into classes and then into calling secure Web services to populate them
- and into custom protocols
- then to some mapping/GPS links
- next linking up with a 'Woo commerce'? installation, and then
- and remote device administration and setup...

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I maybe be wrong as I'm not an expert, but the last objective of remote administration and setup might be impossible with b4a. Unless all that is required is the triggering of some prewritten functions which I'm sure is possible.

Upvote 0

btg1967

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @RandomCoder, yes, that's exactly what I'm doing :) reading some known XML from a central library, parsing it, with values from a form (sorry Activity), then dispatching it to the target device via http post to some embedded available CGI scripts ... removing the need for the device hosted website to be resized for all devices.

Upvote 0