Share My Creation Configulator Calculator with source code

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just keeping the code up to date.

Latest version provides 16 digit numbers in BIN, OCT and HEX.
The functions ASL, ASR, LSR, Ror and Rol have been added.
Twos Complement is provided by the +/- key.

Thanks to AGram for BigNumbers library. 16 digit HEX are big.
As usual thanks to Erel for his guidance in using BigNumbers Library.

Regards Roger

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just another update:
Configulator29
Variables can now be entered as an expression not just a single number.
IE Variable can be 6*7 instead of 42.
Changes to: Sub BtnVarEnt_click and Sub FPLAY

Last edited:

Levit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Source code for Configulator31 Bug fix for "Exp" in PGM mode.

Regards Roger

Hi Roger, How aya mate?
I just downloaded configulator 31 and found a bug in PGM mode with "Exp" and "ANS".
I'm not sure if it is the one you are talking about. Anyway it happens here.

1 - Start PGM mode and enter names for labels
2 - Now type: "2" "Exp" "ANS"
3 - Now you realize that you made a mistake and type "Del" twice to delete "Exp" and "ANS"
4 - bug shows up...

Regards

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Levit, thanks for the feedback, not one I would have picked up.
As it is I am working on a number of issues around EXP [IE 1ExpRM, 1ExpRC, 1ExpVAR] so your "red flag" came in at the right time.
The solution/s may take a while as I am a bit stretched for time at the moment but will keep at it.

Regards Roger

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just keeping the code up to date.

Levit, I found the problem you flagged in about 10mins, the other issues took a bit longer.

Cleaned up working with RM, ANS RCL and HIST in using EXP, X^n and nrootX. Then cleaned up the bugs I had created.
The link to the latest code; Configulator32

NOTE: Do not try to decipher code you have written 12 months earlier after taking prescription pain killers.

Regards Roger

Raart

Updated Zip [Configulator40.zip] added to first post just to keep up to date.
Hi Roger,
it seems all the links to the Configulator source codes are dead end. Is it by purpose or are you willing to share the code already?
It would be nice to get a look inside them and by the occasion spend some time for bug hunting.
My interest is to get some ideas too for another project I started some time ago about a software tool for a more specific kind of calculator to be used by music compositors.
I'm rather new to b4a, therefore this shouldn't be big problem with all the guides and tutorials all you have provided.
Thank you for everything you do for newbees.
Andreas

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Raart,
Thanks for letting me know. The lack of download is not intentional and could be a couple things.
I can't get to it straight away but will get back to you when I've looked at it.

In the meantime you may wish to look at SCalculator by Derez and Paper tape Calculator by Klaus.

Regards Roger

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User

Raart,

This link should work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c199joww3eir4xv/Configulator44.zip?dl=0
I am doing things on the run at the moment so if it doesn't work let me know.

Please note: Configulator was my learning project [2015] so the programming is not great. In addition Android has evolved over the years, B4A has also evolved, Configulator has evolved. By a combination of all these factors you will find in the program that similar things have been done in different ways.

If you are starting out, use B4X Pages and B4X functions where you can. I've only tried B4X pages in a demo but it really does make it easier to manage the code.

The people on the forum are very helpful but make sure you have tried searching for yourself first.

Regards Roger

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…