Android Example FREE Source Code's !

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by ilan, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

Hi all,

i have updated my webpage and decided to add a tutorial section.

My first tutorial is a simple calculator (+,-,*,/) there is a video tutorial incl. Source code on my site.

I will upload the project also here and you can go to my site to watch the video if you like.

link: www.sagital.net

Edit: File was updated, fixed few bugs (24/04/2015)

** all free sources from me are free for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum, they are meant to learn from them. By downloading them you agree!

calc1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. ilan

hi,

second project finished "Invaders"

Invaders is a simple nice game and a good example to learn from (collisions check, sound, animations, NO LIBS!,...)

The source code is for free, i will try to make a video tutorial of it soon (the tutorial will be on my webpage: www.sagital.net)

more source code will follow soon.

Have fun!

EDIT: Controls (Left half of the screen space ship go left, right half space ship go right, to shoot the aliens click in the spaceship zone)

** all free sources from me are free for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum, they are meant to learn from them. By downloading them you agree!

inv1.png

Attached Files:

3. dexMilano

dexMilano Active Member Licensed User

Thanks Ilan for sharing source code too. It will help sure a lot of us.

4. ilan

Hi

This is an old project called "Sk8 - Skateboard". I have rebuild it again and improve the code to make it more simpler to understand (incl. comments)

I used AndyMc "Cloney Bird Example" and made this game. (Thanx AndyMc)

The file is a little bit large (1Mb) so you can download it from my site (tutorial will follow soon)

link: www.sagital.net/tutorials/sk8.rar

Have fun! :)

sk1.png

5. ilan

hi again,

this example i made few weeks ago for itgirl. Because i will upload here more sources and examples i want to share this too.

i created only the first level of the game that itgirl wanted, you can play with it a little and make more levels.

you can see the discussion of the game here: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/any-one-interested-developer-a-game.50666/

this is a great example that prooves that libGDX should not be allways your first choice. i see lot simple games here (b4x.com) that was made with libgdx and in
    my opinion could be done easily without any libs. especially with today smartphones where everyone has 2gb ram, quadcore processor,...
    So simple games dont really need libGDX.
    Dont understand me wrong LibGDX is a great lib and very powerful (thank you informatix - i have 7 LibGDX games) i just want to show you another way of game making. (would like to hear your opinion)

Have fun! :)

worm1.png

Attached Files:

AldoRodrigo, Beja, hibrid0 and 10 others like this.
  6. freedom2000

freedom2000 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Many Thanks Ilan for sharing all this code

ilan likes this.
  7. Beja

Beja Expert Licensed User

Ilan,
    Thank you for sharing all this code with us. you are a great coder and helpful.

"Left half of the screen space ship go left, right half space ship go right, to shoot the aliens click in the spaceship zone"

This is very smart.

RandomCoder and ilan like this.
  8. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

Code:
    'load sk8er frames  skate
        img_sk8erStrip = IU.LoadscaledBitmap(File.DirAssets, "skate.png",-1,-1,True)

For x = 0 To 19
            img_sk8er(x) = IU.Crop(img_sk8erStrip,x*
    50,0,50,70'crop png file to sprites
            img_sk8er(x) = IU.CreateScaledBitmap(img_sk8er(x),12%x,23%y,True)'scale sprites images
        Next
    I've not done any game programming as of yet, mainly because the graphics element of creating games doesn't appeal to me. However I'd have never thought of doing it this way. I've only spent half an hour looking at the code and already discovered loads.

Much appreciated @ilan I'm sure I'll learn a lot from this and wish to personally thank you for sharing your code.

ilan likes this.
  9. ilan

thanx all, i forgot to mention, all free sources from me are for personal use only, you may not sell them or publish them on your site or any forum.
    they are meant to learn from them. by downloading them you agree!

thank you for your understanding... (more will follow soon)

10. Roger Daley

Roger Daley Well-Known Member Licensed User

Great effort yet again mate.

11. hookshy

hookshy Well-Known Member Licensed User

Great opportunity for all to see how other think when coding and creating game structure ...thanks man

12. JTmartins

JTmartins Active Member Licensed User

Great source of learning not only B4A techics, but also some interesting ways of problem solving...many thanks for sharing.

ilan likes this.
  13. ilan

the originl source if from andymc and he deserve the credits, so that solution is his... :oops:

14. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

The only place I have ever seen something similar to this was in a skinning program for Windows called Rainmeter (http://rainmeter.net it's a very good theming utility that I currently use, check it out of you've not seen this before). It uses an image that is split horizontally into three sections. The first section is for the normal desktop icon, the middle section is for the icon to display when hovering the mouse cursor over the icon and the third section is for when clicked, that's just from memory but it's something like that. The program just uses which ever section of the image it needs. Pretty slick really.

15. Reproretro

Reproretro Member Licensed User

Hi
    Didn't you say elsewhere you were removing this code because of copyright.
    Regards, RR

16. ilan

I change the graphics (add blur effect to them) so now you can use the code for personal use.
    (i could not leave the graphics as they were because i bought them and only i may use them for my games)

17. Reproretro

Reproretro Member Licensed User

That's cool. I thought you had left the sourse by mistake. Thank you for sharing.

18. ilan

hi, a new B4J source code is available

Clumsy Bird (Flappy Bird), if you like it you can click on the LIKE button ;)

Have Fun!

screenshot.png

Attached Files:

Eldad Onojetah, Beja, Levit and 13 others like this.
  19. ilan

hi, another b4j game: MAD MAZE

Mad Maze is a simple maze game, you need to catch all 4 diamonds and may not touch the walls. after collecting all 4 diamonds find the way out, but do it quick you got only 2 minutes to do that!

Move the player by using your KEAYBOARD! " a,s,d,w or 4,5,6,8 "

there is an error msg when i try to run it in release mode, but in debug mode everything works fine, i dont know why...
    i hope erel will bring some light to the darkness :D

New version available that fixed that error, note that you will need the jMsgbox lib & jfxtras-labs-2.2-r5.jar to run the app, you can download them here: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/msgbox-library.34700/#content

Have fun :)

screenshot.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Procesor, Beja, vecino and 6 others like this.
  20. ilan

hi i made this unit converter Class in b4j (can be used in all platforms b4i/b4a/b4j)

it is very simple to edit it and put new units to it.

supported units:

Length:
    millimeter
    centimeter
    decimeter
    meter
    kilometer
    foot
    inch
    mile
    yard

Volume:
    cubic foot
    cubic inch
    cubic mile
    cubic yard
    cup
    Imperial gallon
    US gallon
    milliliter
    liter
    Imperial fluid ounce
    US fluid ounce
    Imperial pint
    US pint (liquid)
    US pint (dry)
    Imperial quart
    US quart (liquid)
    US quart (dry)
    tablespoon
    teaspoon

Weight:
    milligram
    gram
    kilogram
    carat
    grain
    ounce
    pennyweight
    pound
    stone
    slug
    metric ton
    long ton
    short ton

Area:
    acre
    are
    hectare
    square foot
    square meter
    square kilometer
    square inch
    square yard
    square mile
    aankadam
    perch
    cent
    chatak
    kottah
    guntha
    ground
    marla
    rood
    bigha I
    bigha II
    kanal
    biswa I
    biswa II

Pressure:
    pascal
    torr
    bar
    millibar
    psi

Time:
    day
    hour
    minute
    year

Temperature:
    celsius
    fahrenheit
    kelvin

screen1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Levit, Indic Software, asales and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice