Android Question connect to an AP with a specific SSID

Abbasrezaei818

Hi
I need a simple b4a code to connect to an AP with a specific SSID like "MyAP" without any password.
I need to know when it is connected or disconnected.
I searched alot in this forums and tested many codes but not secseesful. Can anybody send me a simple code?

Abbasrezaei818

Thanks for your reply. I have a device that can connect to a Wifi with saved ssid and password. I want to change the Ssid and password of its connected wifi whidout reprograming or using keypad but using WiFi. I want to connect it by B4A app using wifi and change its setting. How I can do this?

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your reply. I have a device that can connect to a Wifi with saved ssid and password. I want to change the Ssid and password of its connected wifi whidout reprograming or using keypad but using WiFi. I want to connect it by B4A app using wifi and change its setting. How I can do this?
If it were possible to connect to a WiFi network & change the SSID & Password from a client, that would be a huge security issue. AFAIK, the only way to change an SSID & Password is by connecting to the WiFi router / AP via its web interface (as an administrator) & change the settings. You might be able to use a webview in an Android app to connect to the web interface of a router & then execute commands via HTTP, but it would probably be different for different brands/models of routers.

If you really want to pursue this, then you should start by Googling it to see if it's even possible, then if it is, look at how you might implement it with B4X.

Btw - in your reply to Erel, you outlined a use case that was completely different to the original question you asked.

- Colin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0