Android Tutorial Control your Android device from your Windows PC

This is very clever software and when I first saw it, it blew my mind. It took a couple of seconds for me to comprehend what I was seeing.

The program is called ScrCpy and when run on your Windows PC, it will open up a window that shows you what is on your Android device. You can then use your keyboard and mouse to make it appear you are running your Android app on your PC (wrap your head around that for a minute). That's like the tail wagging the dog.

You don't need physical access to your Android device any more because is is now controlled from the PC. What appears on the Android device will appear on your PC. The software is actually capturing the screen from the phone and running it in a Window on your PC, but you can control the phone from your PC. That means you can use your mouse to scroll the Android app, click on buttons and enter in text. You can go back to use the screen on your Android device at any time and the window on your PC updates too. Switch back and forth as much as you like because the two are tied together.

You could hide your phone behind your PC (still connected via USB debugging) and fake people out by making phone calls with your desktop app. Loads of fun. Give it a try, it's free and open source.

How to Mirror or Cast Android Mobile Phone Screen on PC

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the B4A-Bridge app allow ADB communication over a network (instead of USB)?

If so, then if you know the IP address of a remote android device, you could theoretically control it over the internet with this ScrCpy app, so you can offer "Remote Support" to users.

That would come in handy when my grandmother calls me up and says the "The screen changes when I press this button", and my normal response would be "What screen grandma....what button are you pressing grandma?"

Last edited:

Diceman

Licensed User
Does the B4A-Bridge app allow ADB communication over a network (instead of USB)?

If so, then if you know the IP address of a remote android device, you could theoretically control it over the internet, so you can offer "Remote Support" to users.

That would come in handy when my grandmother calls me up and says the "The screen changes when I press this button", and my normal response would be "What screen grandma....what button are you pressing grandma?"

If she (or your client) has a PC, you could have her run ScrCpy on her PC and then use remote control software like AnyDesk which is free for personal use to access her Android phone using your PC. You can then run screen capturing software on your remote PC to see how they use your software and if a bug occurs.

ScrCopy is also great for doing presentations of your Android app because your PC or laptop could be connected to a large monitor on the wall or a projector. It is a lot better than have 3 or 4 people hunched over your phone to see how it works.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ScrCopy is also great for doing presentations of your Android app because your PC or laptop could be connected to a large monitor on the wall or a projector. It is a lot better than have 3 or 4 people hunched over your phone to see how it works.
I usually just use the android emulator to do presentations of an android app on a PC and project that (so I don't even need a real device).

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is very clever software and when I first saw it, it blew my mind. It took a couple of seconds for me to comprehend what I was seeing.

The program is called ScrCpy and when run on your Windows PC, it will open up a window that shows you what is on your Android device. You can then use your keyboard and mouse to make it appear you are running your Android app on your PC (wrap your head around that for a minute). That's like the tail wagging the dog.

You don't need physical access to your Android device any more because is is now controlled from the PC. What appears on the Android device will appear on your PC. The software is actually capturing the screen from the phone and running it in a Window on your PC, but you can control the phone from your PC. That means you can use your mouse to scroll the Android app, click on buttons and enter in text. You can go back to use the screen on your Android device at any time and the window on your PC updates too. Switch back and forth as much as you like because the two are tied together.

You could hide your phone behind your PC (still connected via USB debugging) and fake people out by making phone calls with your desktop app. Loads of fun. Give it a try, it's free and open source.

How to Mirror or Cast Android Mobile Phone Screen on PC
so... isn't it like Teamviewer or anydesk ?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the android Teamviewer app only allows an android device to control a PC and not visa-versa?

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are additional options for doing this:
Your Phone app from Microsoft.
Samsung Dex if you have a Samsung phone. This is different than just showing your device screen. It is a desktop interface.

Diceman

Licensed User

AnyDesk is cheaper than TeamViewer. TeamViewer added more restrictions to their software a couple of years ago that meant you had to spend more $$$ to access more machines. If you can afford TeamViewer, it will work too.