ControlsExDevice library

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
'listveiw' control.parametr 'left' in real parametr 'width'.
Sorry but I don't understand the problem. The actual Width and Left properties look fine so what do you mean by "control.parametr"? Can you post the actual source lines that fail.

EDIT:- Sorry, I've found it - I'll post an update soon.

Last edited:

Byak@

Licensed User
how can i hide header in listview? (sorry i'm can't find it in msdn)

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After modifying NotifyIcon in ControlsExDesktop for Zenerdiode I decided that it was time to implement NotifyIcon in ControlsExDevice as it was an obvious omission.

NotifyIcon is based on the code from an early Microsoft article in MSDN and is probably the same code as dzt used for the existing NotifyIcon dll. However the device implementation of NotifyIcon, which is only accessible via native code, suffers from a bug, described in the help. I have attempted to overcome this bug in the library and am happy enough with the result to release this object in the library. Overcoming this bug allows the icon displayed to be changed for another icon if required and so can be used to indicate the state of the application if required, this is not possible with the existing NotifyIcon library.

The desktop version of NotifyIcon in ControlsExDeviceDummy is totally non-functional. I could have implemented a cut-down version of the ControlsExDesktop NotifyIcon, which is a .NET control only available in the full Framework but for technical reasons (ControlsExDeviceDummy is actually a device compatible library) I chose not to do that.

Byak@

Licensed User
Andrew, is it real to hide scrollbar from ListView?and get/set scrollbar's value?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Andrew, is it real to hide scrollbar from ListView?and get/set scrollbar's value?
Not on the Device. On the desktop you could get the "Controls" property and find the scrollbar object to play with it but the device Listview does not expose this property.

mjcoon

Licensed User
I'm still (or rather, have returned to) struggling with "notify" and NotifyIconDemo.sbp in particular. When I run it on the device or emulator I can click on the buttons but the only one that does anything visible is "Exit"!

I have long had a commercial app on my WM5 PPC which puts an icon on what I would call the title or start bar on the PPC (which is visible during running of all but one of the apps that I have installed). I can click on that icon during running of these other programs and return to the icon owner directly. It works on my device and emulator. This is the simple functionality that I am trying to attain and thought I could do with NotifyIcon. But I am uncertain what the "notify area" is, and when it is visible.

Can anyone point me at simple pictures, please?

Mike.

mjcoon

Licensed User
Notification puts an icon on the bar at the top of the screen. NotifyIcon puts an icon on a bar at the bottom, only visible on the Today screen.

Thanks, Andrew, that was exactly what I needed to know! Now I can see the demo working on the emulator and device, and realise that is not what I want; that must be Notification.

Best wishes, Mike.

mjcoon

Licensed User
Werrl, I'm still struggling (but now with Notification in ControlsEx Device, on the device emulator - WM5.0).

If I set NotificationObj.Visible = True in my App_Start, in addition to FormLib.MinimizeBox = True (which I have been using all along), I briefly see my 16x16 icon in the Title bar but it disappears along with the file selection dialogue which is the first thing that the app presents. The "X" in the top right corner gets replaced by "OK" just as if I hadn't done FormLib.MinimizeBox = True. This is the only thing the app now responds to; it does close down nicely, just when it shouldn't!

On the other hand if I don't set NotificationObj.Visible = True but omit this or set False, the program behaves just as if I had never set out to do Notification. I put NotificationObj.Visible = True in the Form_Close event because the Help for this event says it is triggered by form hide as well as form close, but perhaps this does not apply to the main form. Without such a trigger I am never going to display the icon to resurect my app to foreground, which is all I am trying to do!

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Notification is not really intended for that sort of use. Have you read the text at the top of the Notification topic in the help? It tells you that if you set InitialDuration to 0 then the icon stays visible. However when you press it the balloon will still show which may not be what you want

mjcoon

Licensed User
Notification is not really intended for that sort of use. Have you read the text at the top of the Notification topic in the help? It tells you that if you set InitialDuration to 0 then the icon stays visible. However when you press it the balloon will still show which may not be what you want

Yes, I read that and it is not ideal. It is not what happens with the dictionary product that I would like to emulate (Dictionary for Palm OS and Windows Mobile. RoadLingua by AbsoluteWord: Dictionaries, Atlases, Encyclopedias). I am setting NotificationObj.InitialDuration = 0. I have put "Resuming visibility..." as NotificationObj.Text, which is OK, especially if the balloon removes itself without requiring acknowledgement.

But it would be nice to obtain at least a non-ideal behaviour instead of a totally useless one! Is there an intentional or even known accidental interplay between FormLib.MinimizeBox = True and NotificationObj.Visible = True?

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there ...
I've no idea, as I said Notification is not intended for such use. Appplications that behave as you want presumably use a native code facility that is not exposed to .NET to place icons on the title bar but as I know little about such things on Windows Mobile I can't help.

mjcoon

Licensed User
OK, "so near and yet so far"! Thanks for thinking about it, anyway.

Cheers, Mike.

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Typo in ControlsExDevice 1.8 prevents Listview left assignments

In version 1.8 of ControlsExDeviceDummy.cs and ControlsExDevice.cs there is a typo.

In both pgms you will find the statement:

public int Left
{ get { return listv.Left; } set { listv.Left = Left; } }

which I believe you meant to write

public int Left
{ get { return listv.Left; } set { listv.Left = value; } }

In other words you cannot update the value of left once the listview is created.
I have made this change on my PC and the compiled pgms now let me update left.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Using the NotifyIcon object I want to set a dynamic icon for my application in the today screen tray bar.

With NotifyIcon.Icon I can set a new Icon but how do I create a .Net Icon object dynamically? I need to draw an Icon because I want to display something like a mini chart in the icon. Can I access and modify the Bitmap of an Icon?

Is this possible somehow with B4PPC?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.9 now posted. This fixes a typo that wrongly assigned the Left property to the Width porperty in Listview, NativeImage, DateTimePicker and Splitter. NativeImage NativeLeft and NativeTop were unavailable in the desktop version - now they are visible.