Android Question Convert java code to B4A

S.M.R

Hi dears,
Can you convert beloew java code to b4a?

ChangeDefaultDialer:
#If java
import android.content.Context;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.net.Uri;
import android.app.role.RoleManager;
import android.os.Build;
import android.provider.Settings;
import anywheresoftware.b4a.BA;
import android.os.IBinder;

Context context=BA.applicationContext;
String packageName = context.getPackageName();

public void ChangeDefaultDialer()
{
    RoleManager roleManager = (RoleManager) getSystemService(ROLE_SERVICE);
    Intent intent = roleManager.createRequestRoleIntent(RoleManager.ROLE_DIALER);
    startActivityForResult(intent, 1);
}
#End If

Thanks

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no i dont want use inline java code

i want convert to b4a without use inline java code
There is no harm in inline java code. In fact many default libraries have some inline java code. There is no speed loss etc.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
In the Netherlands we have a proverb that reads: "Where the emperor is not, he loses his rights". The only way to access a specific dialer is using inline Java. In addition, it also dawns on Android designers that all kinds of things such as a dialer can be misused by malicious people.
Finally, in a similar question, Erel wrote this However, if you read the documentation you will see that it will not work on Android 10+ devices
I'm afraid that your and no direct B4A function is to use/misuse underlying dialer hardware and that you run into all kinds of security rules that you might be able to make work for a short time after deep research via some "hacks" or very heavy tweaking. Perhaps it is more convenient to ignore the dialer and look for another solution?

Upvote 0

S.M.R

In the Netherlands we have a proverb that reads: "Where the emperor is not, he loses his rights". The only way to access a specific dialer is using inline Java. In addition, it also dawns on Android designers that all kinds of things such as a dialer can be misused by malicious people.
Finally, in a similar question, Erel wrote this However, if you read the documentation you will see that it will not work on Android 10+ devices
I'm afraid that your and no direct B4A function is to use/misuse underlying dialer hardware and that you run into all kinds of security rules that you might be able to make work for a short time after deep research via some "hacks" or very heavy tweaking. Perhaps it is more convenient to ignore the dialer and look for another solution?

this java code is working with inline java code and correct

but in some xiaomi device when run app is stopped and app crashed

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Upvote 0