corrupted keystore?

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys, had a power outage after buying a crucial adrenaline ssd hard drive cache. recovered my projects wich looked to be fine, same with the key File but it won't accept my password. says unknown keystore format or something. just wondering if there's a way to get around this or fix it. do alll b4a versions use the same way of openibg the key?

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some more details

I got the error in the settings menu where you can pick the existing .keystore file, and type a password. I had done this a few times before in the past when installing on new pc's. I will get you the exact error.

In Tools\Private Sign Key. Clicked Load, I hit browse, picked the file, open. Typed in the password, the hit ok.

I've attached an image of the error.

Sadly I don't think I have a backup. The file i found was it. I was in the middle of re-arranging things on a few 3TB hard drives so it's pretty hard and time consuming to back up such large amounts of stuff. Luckily it was mostly junk over the years though. Now I stick to storing all my stuff in the google drive folder just in case.

Attachments

• scr1.png
    scr1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
No I didn't. I figured it died :) But I will try to update one of my first 2 apps later tongiht, hopefully it works. People start to change reviews for the worse when they think you abandoned them :(

Upvote 0

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to hit play/debug today with that key and got this:

B4X:
Compiling code.                         0.04
Compiling layouts code.                 0.00
Generating R file.                      0.18
Compiling generated Java code.          1.24
Convert byte code - optimized dex.      0.96
Packaging files.                        0.27
Copying libraries resources             0.00
Signing package file (private key)      Error

jarsigner error: java.lang.RuntimeException: keystore load: Invalid keystore format

I also happened to see this, changed the location and still nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey kanaida, this is a long shot but it works sometimes, since you mentioned you had a power problem, run "CHKDSK /v/f" on that drive and try again, unless you already tried that or copied the file somewhere else.

The drive in question is not an SSD drive, is it? otherwise disregard what I said above.

Upvote 0