Android Question Cost of Firebase Messages ?

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear sirs,

Greetings,
I need to build project uses Firebase,
I need to estimate the cost of firebase messages per month and maximum number of messages per month ?
(for simple example : I'll build Chat-App or 10,000 user only, my project need to share messages between 10,000 users and each can send less than 10 messages per day)
Really I can't find right answer from vendor so I asked her.

Any help please

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Really I can't find right answer from vendor so I asked her.

I didn't ask her but it, Perplexity šŸ˜

Answer

To estimate the cost of Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) messages per month and the maximum number of messages per month, you can refer to the Firebase Pricing page (https://firebase.google.com/pricing).
According to the Firebase Pricing page, FCM allows you to deliver and receive messages and notifications on iOS, Android, and the web at no cost. This means that sending messages through FCM does not incur any additional charges.

However, it's important to note that Firebase pricing is based on usage costs outlined in the Blaze plan. The Blaze plan offers a pay-as-you-go model, where you pay only for the resources you use. The pricing for other Firebase services, such as Cloud Firestore and Cloud Functions, may apply depending on your usage.

To get a more accurate estimate of the cost for your specific use case, you can use the Firebase Pricing Calculator available on the Firebase Pricing page. The calculator allows you to input your expected usage and provides an estimate of the monthly cost.

As for the maximum number of messages per month, Firebase does not impose a specific limit on the number of messages you can send through FCM. However, there may be certain limitations based on the platform you are targeting (iOS, Android, or web) and the capabilities of the devices receiving the messages. It's always a good practice to review the documentation and guidelines provided by Firebase for sending messages to ensure optimal performance and compliance with platform-specific limitations.

Please note that the pricing and limitations mentioned here are based on the information available at the time of writing this response. It's recommended to visit the Firebase Pricing page for the most up-to-date and comprehensive information on pricing and limitations

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really, many thanks for your help,

I tried to calculate the cost on the Firebase website, but fail to understand that some service cost per hour.

simply, I'll build "Chat-App" that will service about 10,000, I need to make any of them can send notification to all other, max sent by user not more than 10 text notification per day.

no other things in the app until now, by your experience what is the approximately cost per month for this app ?

Thanks on advance for any help

Upvote 0