Android Question Crash of App on Android 12 with SDK31

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google's testing of the latest version of my app has revealed this crash that they found on this single device:

google Pixel 6 using Android 12 (SDK 31 ) 8,192 MBarm64-v8aen_GB

Can anyone offer any insight into this?

I've also seen it myself occasionally on start up on my Pixel 3A XL with Android 12. In this case it happens before any other start up messages are logged. I'm wondering if it could be as a result of some race condition caused by a fast processor or something else with the release SDK 31.

If anyone could suggest how I could further analyse this I'd be grateful.

You can download this version of the App here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.uk100.MyLibSuffolk&gl=GB

Derek

Last edited:

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here it is again in my log file on my Pixel 3A XL with slightly more information:

It is stating that the cause is:

Cause: null pointer dereference

Upvote 0

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any calls to DoEvents, Msgbox or any other modal dialog?
Yes there were. I'm going to compile a version of the app without any of these to see if the problem persists.

Since the crash happens before there are any log messages generated, including the built in ones, I'm not sure how the Doevents calls etc would have a chance to cause the crash, but I'll rule them out anyway. I have suspicions that the problem is being caused by the use of older libraries in particular the Sliding Menu Wrapper v1,10.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…