Games Crazy ball, another physics game in progress...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there!
I'm still testing which one will be my next project after the platformer, so I'm making some prototypes to test game types and concepts.
I was thinking in something like Amazing Alex/ The incredible machine:

After thinking well about it, and to be honest, I find it too complex. It could take me a lot of time to make a game like that: there are a lot of objects, like punching gloves, scissors that can cut a rope...
And what if I spend that too many time making a game that has no success?
After that I found TigerBall, a throwing balls game:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Laxarus.TigerBall
I find it funny, I can use the graphics I have been making for the other one, it's a game that can work well in the store and it's an easy game to do!
So, I have made a very basic prototype, just swipe the ball to the basket:

What do you think? I think I'll make this one, and after that I can try the Amazing Alex game... Or I can try a simplified Amazing Alex...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The original concept (The Incredible Machine) was great because it was unique when it came out back in 92 or 93?

I never played a flash nor mobile version of it because I knew how the original was like and I didn't want to play such game anymore.
not because it was bad but when I went through a lot of levels I lost interest because things repeated too much.

The ball game is a simplified version but technically the same game.

Game taste differs a lot and I would prefer playing the rick dangerous game above this one to be honnest. But who am I :)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Incredible machine was a great game! After all I think I'll make some prototype about it, but it's not an easy project, I still have to investigate a lot of things there: drag and drop objects, manipulate them, rotate, attach one to another, advanced physics like cutting a rope...
Ball game is way more simple, just throw balls with your fingers and hit all kind of things... it's fun!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
oh, I thought the ball video was from the game you were refering to. nice progress then.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there again!
I just wanted to share with you some progress I've made with this one:

I've made a nice (I think) title, and started to work on the interface.
Instead of levels, in this one I'm trying "episodes". As you can see in the video, the first one has 2 levels, the other ones will have around 5 or more levels each. The idea is that you have a limited amount of balls to finish each episode, and if you run out of balls you'll have to start the episode again, from it's first level.
I still have to add more objects, and then I'd like to make a shop where you can buy more balls and powerups...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice @melonZgz
I like it a lot. You bring me back the passion to do more box2d game after the big disappointment of my platform game. :(

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice @melonZgz
I like it a lot. You bring me back the passion to do more box2d game after the big disappointment of my platform game. :(

I'm very sorry to hear that your platformer isn't doing well:(
I think it's a good game, sometimes one wonders why spending so many hours in something that gives almost nothing. Nobody can imagine how many hours I've spent in my UFO game, and I have almost no downloads...
I think that I won't get the same success that I'm getting with my catapult again, sometimes I wonder why I'm spendin so many hours doing new games...
In the other hand, I really like making games, that's why I'm doing this game, and all the games that I'm thinking about

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there guys!
I've been taking a little break in game making, but I'm ready to continue.
The hill climb racing game may be too complex to finish, and will take time, so I'd like to finish first this little game I had in the queue, as the mechanics and graphics are allready there.
So I've made a lot of advances to this:
I've added more elements to the levels, things that move, stars to collect, a shop where you can buy balls with those stars...
Now I'd like to start ading sounds and music, and this one could be ready soon!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can you enter Google Play from China?

No way.. All Google products are not accessible to Chinese.
Play store
YouTube
Google maps
Gmail
..... etc
You can find international movies in Youku.com .. Just search the names.

But Youku.com is a Chinese copy of YouTube.. I think it has better features but I can't read Chinese.

Last edited: