Android Question Creating a Wrapper from an Android Library

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
does still work?
i don´t know. It depends on an old AS Version. I think 2.x or so.
Newest is AS 3.5+

In fact you do not need AS to create a wrapper for B4A.
It does work with Eclipse also.
Or with Notepad++ plus SimpleLibraryCompiler

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can find some developer questions here:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/forums/libraries-developers-questions.32/

As far as i know there is no tutorial. At least for a AAR. It all depends on the Lib and what the lib does/include in the aar.
One can not write a all-knowing-tutorial.

Note that you need to have java knowledge. My java-knowledge was zero when i started using B4A.

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can find some developer questions here:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/forums/libraries-developers-questions.32/

As far as i know there is no tutorial. At least for a AAR. It all depends on the Lib and what the lib does/include in the aar.
One can not write a all-knowing-tutorial.

Note that you need to have java knowledge. My java-knowledge was zero when i started using B4A.
Thanks @DonManfred . I have some java knowledge but the integration and conversion to B4A environment is still confuse for me... I'll study this forum section to clarify...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Marcos, have you stopped using ABTO VoIP SDK ?

John.
Hello John,

I'm in direct contact with abto team now because there is something in targetsdk28 that is raising an error in the library. As you know, targetsdk28 will be mandatory for google play starting at November/2019. So, I'm trying to fix it together with abto and searching for alternatives also.

Let's see what will happen...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have some java knowledge but the integration and conversion to B4A environment is still confuse for me...
The mizu-voip seems not to have any additional activities which makes it more complicated to wrap. I mean if they had additional activities.
The library consist on only a few classes which does handle all.

I guess the complicated task is to get an B4A example setup. Manifestchanges, Runtimepermission and so on.

Looking at the example, the documentation of this library and the other one, the free one:
- I suggest the commercial one. As of documentation i guess it should work with targetsdk 28. It is good documented.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello John,

I'm in direct contact with abto team now because there is something in targetsdk28 that is raising an error in the library. As you know, targetsdk28 will be mandatory for google play starting at November/2019. So, I'm trying to fix it together with abto and searching for alternatives also.

Let's see what will happen...
Keep me posted please :)

Upvote 0