Android Question Custom Setting Preference

Blue.Sky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I used AHPreferenceActivity already.
I have a limit in desing and theme
Is there other module to use setting screen in my app with other design?

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have developed a comprehensive Preferences library and planned to upload it to the forum but so far haven't found the time to do so.

Would you like to beta test my library?

Upvote 0

Blue.Sky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have developed a comprehensive Preferences library and planned to upload it to the forum but so far haven't found the time to do so.

Would you like to beta test my library?
No i dont have your library

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Blue.Sky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh my god,this post is without result
please recommend best solution :cool:

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh my god,this post is without result
please recommend best solution :cool:

Later this evening i'll start a chat and invite those interested in beta testing my library to the chat.
You can get an idea of what my library is capable of doing by looking at the javadoc reference here:
http://b4a.martinpearman.co.uk/pref...n/b4a/android/preference/package-summary.html
You see the various Preference objects that it supports in the package uk.co.martinpearman.b4a.android.preference.
Note that my library is only compatible with Android 3.0+ as it uses the android PreferenceFragment.

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sometimes libraries become incompatible with future versions of the operating system

Or it becomes time to abandon support for older versions of android and make libraries that only work with newer versions.
This is the case with my PreferenceExtras library.
PreferencesExtras uses a PreferenceFragment so only works on Honeycomb and newer.
The same logic applies to the b4a GoogleMaps library - it uses a MapFragment so is only compatible with Honeycomb and newer.

I'm sure both libraries could have been written using additonal compatibility libraries that add Fragment support to older versions of android.
But look at the statistics that show what versions of android people are currently using:
http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
Just 3.6% of users are using a version older than Honeycomb.
Is it worth the time and effort to make libraries compatible with such a small percentage of users?

Upvote 0